Chapter 16: The Watcher in the Woods

'Every fairytale comes with the same warning. Good children should never go into the woods alone... Stray from the path and who knows what you'll encounter. A hungry wolf. A handsome devil. Or maybe something worse.'

Dallas walked out of his room to see Veronica, mother, and father were talking.

"Are you going to have friends over too?" Hiram asked his son.

"Anna and Jughead if they want to come," Dallas tells his father. "I'm not the same as I was in New York. I only have two close friends. I got to go to school. Anna and Jughead are meeting me at Riverdale High before we go to the Southside."

"Wait, you transferred him to Southside High?" Veronica asked her parents who nodded yes. "Why?"

"Because Veronica I'm the favorite child," Dallas told his sister before a walk outside to go to Riverdale High.

Anna and Jughead were at her house as Fred keep talking. "Are you sure you want to go? Because you can always change your mind."

"Dad, I'll be fine. Jughead and Dallas will be there" Anna told her dad giving him a kiss on the cheek before walking towards the door. "Be back soon."

Jughead, Dallas, and Anna were in the student lounge listening to Kevin talk about Moses and Midge with the others except for Archie.

"It was full-on Carrie. Midge covered and Moose's blood, screaming like a banshee. It was insane." Kevin tells everyone.

"Kev, what were you even doing out there? You could've been shot, too." Archie tells Kevin as he walks into the room.

"I was just night jogging, you know, as one does and suddenly, I hear gunshots," Kevin tells everybody.

Anna whispers to the two boys, "More like a night hook up." Jughead and Dallas smile.

"Can we at least agree now that there's a killer on the loose?" Archie asked everybody.

"With a terrible aim," Jughead said.

"Jughead, he murdered Ms. Grundy," Archie told Jughead.

"Archie, we don't know that all three crimes are related," Betty tells Archie.

"Guys, can we focus on what matters here. Midget and Moose are alive. Archie and Anna's dad survived. The new season of the Matchlerette starts tonight. And you're all coming over to watch." Veronica tells everybody.

"There is a shooter terrorizing the town, and you really want us to watch a gross reality dating show?" Jughead asked making a wide grin appeared on Dallas's face.

Dallas put a hand up. Jughead slapped it making Dallas say, "Yes!"

"What I really want is for you guys to meet our dad, officially," Veronica told everybody glaring at her brother. "Back in New York, our dad was always in the study. Doing very bad things as it turns out. I'm tired of closed doors. I need to know my dad's life and he needs to know mine."

"Yes, Veronica. He can know your life. Doesn't need to know mine." Dallas told his sister.

"Well, we'll be there, V. Can't wait," Betty tells Veronica.