Chapter 23: The Blackboard Jungle

'You know how there are just some towns where bad things always seem to happen? Well, Riverdale has become one of those towns. Become one of those towns. The most recent horror? The school janitor turned out to be a serial killer. But, we were putting them away along with our Christmas decorations. Now we are back to your typical small-town intrigues, clandestine meeting behind closed doors in the like. Yes, by and large, it was business as usual in Riverdale.'

Dallas Lodge was in the kitchen eating salsa and chips for breakfast. He leaned up against the wall holding the bowl of salsa, the chips sitting on the counter.

Hermione and Hiram Lodge both walk into the kitchen to talk to their son. "Hello, hijo."

"If you're going to say something about SoDale, don't. You already know I'm with the plan." Dallas told his parents.

"We're just making sure, hijo. We don't want anything complications." Hermione tells her son.

Dallas put the empty bowl in the sink. Wiping his hands together before looking at his parents. "I'll make sure the Southside students are comfortable at Riverdale High with Veronica, but I'll always be with them."

"Okay, hijo. We're just thankful that you're going through with the plan." Hiram tells his son patting him on the shoulder before he leaves.

"How's Anna?" Hermione teases making a cup of coffee.

"Fine." Dallas says back putting the chips away.

"You and her dating yet?" Hermione asks curiously putting sugar in her coffee.

"No mom." Dallas said grabbing his bag from the floor. "But I want to."

"Then ask her." Hermione said taking a drink for her breakfast.

"I want it to be special." Dallas tells his mom looking over at her.

"Then make it special." Hermione tells Dallas giving him kiss on the cheek before leaving Dallas think. He then went to pick up Anna.

Anna was in Archie's room sitting at his desk as he ran around. "You should start working on your songs again."

Archie looked over at his sister before looking though his backpack. "Already have been." Archie said in a thinking voice.

Fred then came in holding a paper asking, "Hey guys. Did you say anything to anyone about my medical bill? 'Cause it's been paid, all $86,000. There was something called a angel donation."

"I told Dallas." Anna said standing up form Archie's desk.

"No. Well, I mean Veronica but she wouldn't.... Yeah, I'll ask her at..." Archie said grabbing his guitar.

"No, I'll get to the bottom of this you just focus on school." Fred tells Archie. "Haven't seen that guitar for a while."

"Yeah, well, I've been busy. But i spent a lot of break writing songs and I was thinking I would maybe start a band, like the Fred Heads." Archie said walking out of his room.

Fred chuckles saying, "If you're going to do that, do that in the garage. That's why i soundproofed it for you." Archie then walks downstairs after Fred said that. "How've you been munchkin?"