Chapter 4: The Last Picture Show

'It's been a week since the discovery of Jason Blossom's body. But his death is not the first, nor would it be the last casualty that the town of Riverdale would suffer. The Twilight Drive-In where I work, my home away from home, a piece of town history, is closing for good, just when we needed a place to escape to the most. With Sheriff Keller knocking on every door and neighbor suspecting neighbor, Riverdale, every day that passes, is becoming more like Salem during the witch trials. And meanwhile, the girl next-door, our friendly neighborhood Hitchcock blonde, Betty Cooper, was wrestling with the knowledge that her best friend, Archie Andrews, was caught in a forbidden romance. Then another mystery happened, Chuck Clayton was found beat up on the side of the road just the night after he was kicked off the football team. He doesn't know who beat him up and it's just another mystery to be solved.'

"Why did I have to come?" Annabelle whispered to her father. "Jughead is freaking out about the Drive-In closing. I should be with him. Not watching some people play dumb instruments."

"We are here to support Archie's new interest. I'm sure Jughead can wait for a couple minutes." Fred said not understanding the importance of the drive-in to Jughead and her.

After the instrument stopped playing the Andrews walked up to Mrs. Grandy. "I'm usually more of a classic rock kind of guy, but that was beautiful. Truly." Fred tells her.

"Congratulations, Miss Grandy." The twins say in sync as Archie hands her the bouquet of flowers.

"Thank you all three of you for coming." Miss Grundy tells the three.

"No, you kidding? Archie, he wouldn't miss it." Fred tells Miss. Grundy. "I had to beg him to let us come."

"Great I'll see you in school Miss. Grundy. Come on let's go." Archie said trying to pull his dad and sister away. Anna already knew why and she was smirking at her brother who glared at her.

"Well, I was thinking that, you know, if you're going to be alone tonight, that we could take you out to dinner." Fred said making Anna a little suspicious of her dad's intentions.

"Oh. No, I... No, I couldn't impose." Miss Grundy tells Fred. Anna sighs tapping her foot wanting to leave.

Fred chuckles before saying, "After everything you've done for my son, I... You know, with his music, it's the least I can do. I insist." Archie nods as Anna turns to her dad.

"I'm hanging out with Jughead tonight since my grounding is over, so have a nice night." Anna says walking to Pop's.

That night Jughead, Annabelle, Dallas, Veronica, Betty, and Kevin were siting at Pops.

Kevin, Veronica, and Dallas on one side and Jughead, Betty and Annabelle on the other.

"The Drive-In closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale... No, forget Riverdale, in the coffin of the American dream." Jughead said as Anna sipped her milkshake nodding along with him. "As the godfather of indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say..."

"Please, God, no more Quentin Tarantino references." Kevin said making Dallas thankful cause he was getting a head ace.

"What? I'm pissed! And not just about losing my job. The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us. People should be trying to save it." Jughead said mad.