Chapter 18: When A Stranger Calls

The next day Dallas left early for a family business meeting. Anna got up going to downstairs to eat breakfast.

Anna and her dad were in the kitchen both talking. "So Southside High is okay?" Fred asked his daughter.

"It's fine daddy." Anna told him making herself cereal. "The people are cool."

"That's great honey." Fred tells his daughter as Archie walks into the room.

"I did what Weatherbee asked and wrote a apology letter and post a new video, apologizing some more." Archie told the two.

The father and daughter duo look at each other before looking at Archie. "So this red circle business, it's over, I'm happy to hear it." Fred said as Archie nodded. "I'm missing my son."

With that Fred walked away as Anna ate her cereal. She then told her brother, "I'm glad that this nonsense with The Black Hood is over."

"Yeah." Archie said with a sad smile. "So am I." Anna then finished her cereal. She put her bowl in the sink before walking to school.

Anna got to school walking over to the table Dallas, Jughead and her were at yesterday. She sat down putting her head on the table.

Sweet Pea and some other Serpents walked over sitting down. Sweet Pea and Fangs sitting beside her.

"Are any of you guys hurt?" Anna asked as they sat down looking each of them over. "You guys are idiots for even doing that!"

"We're fine." Sweet Pea said turning his head towards her. Anna gasps at his black eye. She grabs his chin pulling him closer looking at his eye.

"Which one did that to you?" Anna asked as Sweet Pea took her hand holding it.

"I don't know Anna." Sweet Pea softly told her. "I'm fine anyways. They're the ones who are going to feel pain."

Anna looked confused hesitantly asking, "What does that mean?"

"We're going to set off a pipe bomb at the Riverdale register." Fangs said making Anna look at him in shook.

"Why? Bombing the register's not going to solve anything." Anna told him making a Sweet Pea answer.

"It can't get worse." Sweet Pea told her as the boys in the group started to talk about the bomb plan.

Anna looked at Toni who looked against the plan as well. "What do you think about the plan?"

"I agree with you A. The plan is stupid but they're still going to do it." Toni told the girl.

"Of coarse we well." Sweet Pea said hearing some of there conversation. Toni and Anna both roll there eyes.

"'This most recent incident confirms that the real threat is not the Black Hood, but the Southside and it's corruptive forces. Developer and ex-con Hiram Lodge boasts that his SoDale project will revitalize the forsaken neighborhood, but this reporter speculates Hiram lodge doesn't want to fix our problems, mainly profit from them.'" Hermione reads from the newspaper.

"And right before our open house. Thank you Alice Cooper. We can't let anything drill this project. Not Alice, not the Southside gangs, not some hood psychopath." Hiram said.

"Okay well right now, our biggest problem is capital. We're running out of it and fast." Hermione tells her husband as the twins listen.

"I've invited potential investors to the open house. The St. Clairs are coming up from New York." Hiram tells everybody.

Dallas made a sound in disgust. He HATED Nick St. Clair. Dallas knows him, fuckboy, asshole, and to cocky. And you know what that equals? Classic rich boy. Dallas also hates how Nick is with Veronica.