Chapter 8: The Outsiders

'The Coopers. The Stepford's of Riverdale. High school sweethearts who got married and had two beautiful daughters, Polly and Betty... until Jason Blossom happened. And now, we would hear from the person who is closest to him these days leading up to his disappearance, Polly Cooper. How are casual conversation turned into an epic, forbidden romance. How, for reasons still murky, their respective parents tried to tell them apart. How they break up was short-lived, because Polly soon learned she was pregnant with Jason's baby. How they became secretly engaged with his grandmother's blessing and her heirloom ring, and made plans to run away together, to start a new life. And how their dreams of escape went up in flames.'

That night Dallas was sitting with the girls and Sheriff Keller who wanted in formation on Jason Blossom.

"When was the last day you saw him?" Sheriff Keller ask Polly

"At Pops. That was the day he was going to fake his own death, and then we were going to meet up. But, before that could happen, my mom and dad sent me away." Polly told the sheriff.

"One of Jason's teammates said that before he ran away, Jason was dealing drugs." Betty tells Polly.

"Making a one time delivery. He needed..... We needed money. To get away and start over." Polly said.

"So Riverdale's star football player becomes a drag mule?"sheriff Keller says.

"He went to a bar on the other side of the tracks and made a deal with some biker gang." Polly told sheriff Keller.

"The serpents?" Sheriff Keller said as Polly continued.

"He got an address upstate, where he was supposed to deliver the drugs in exchange for cash." Polly said.

"The drugs you found in Jason's car...." sheriff Keller said trailing off at the end.

"Yeah."Betty said as Keller continued. "that went up in flames."

"Along with everything I had left of Jason, including the ring his Nana gave me, which she was keeping until..." Polly said before getting upset.

Dallas smiled in sympathy to the girl standing up. "Okay, I think, it's time for you to leave." Dallas said.

"Polly needs her rest." Hermione tells him.

"I'll be in touch, ladies, gentleman." Sheriff Keller said as Dallas starts to show him out.

While at the Andrews; Archie, Annabelle and Jughead were playing a game.

"Gotta stop blowing me up." Jughead tells Archie as they play.

"You're going the wrong way." Archie tells him.

"Then why are you shooting me, then?" Annabelle asked.

"You're doing the..." all three of them say before Archie continued, "What are you doing?"

"Come on." Archie said as they lose.

"You're the one who keeps accidentally killing me and Anna." Jughead tells him as Annabelle nodded in agreement.

"War is hell, Jug, An." Archie tells the two.

"No, Archie, hell is other people." Jughead tell him as he and Annabelle laugh.