Chapter 35: Brave New World

Fred Andrews was pissed. His daughter was in the hospital for a stab wound to the stomach. When he got the call he and Archie went right to the hospital.

The Andrews men storm into the hospital. When they walk though the door they see Dallas, Cheryl, and a lot of Serpents in the waiting room.

"Where is she? Where's my daughter?" Fred said asking the teens for information as Archie looked worried.

"She's still getting worked on by the doctor." Dallas said standing up.

Fred went over to the nurses station. Archie looked at Dallas and the others for answers. "What even happened?"

"The fight with the Ghoulies." Cheryl said standing beside Dallas. "We tried to stop her from fighting."

"But she wouldn't. She wanted to fight for Jughead." Dallas tells Archie making Archie sit down.

Fred then walks over. "She's still getting checked out by the doctor."

Dallas bit his nails asking. "Still unconscious?"

"Yeah." Fred said sadly sitting in one of the hospital chairs. "I'm gonna guess you got that bruise from the fight too?"

Dallas self-consciously put his hand up to his bruised cheek. "Yeah."

Fred asked the people. "What even was all the fighting about?"

"Penny Peabody and the Ghoulies were trying to take Serpent territory." Sweet Pea told Anna's father.

"I told her she couldn't fight." Fred said putting his hands through his hair. Everyone in the waiting room the goes quiet.

"Fred." FP said walking out of his sons hospital room.

Fred stands up, unleashed anger rising. Fred Andrews pushes FP Jones into a hospital wall. "How could you let her fight?"

All the other Serpents stood up going to stop the fight. Dallas and Archie right up there. FP gave the two a look making them stop.

"I tried." FP tells Fred. "She wouldn't listen."

Dallas told the man urgently. "It's true Mr. Andrews."

Fred reluctantly let go of FP. "I'm sorry Fred." Fred ran a hand over his face in worry.

Dr. Quinn then comes. "She's stable. You can see her now."

"Thank you." Fred then went to his daughter's room Archie following him. Fred walked into his daughter's with Dallas and Archie following.

Fred sits in the seat right beside his daughter. Dallas sat in the seat by the window. Archie sat in the seat by the wall.

It was 2 hours and Fred, Archie, and Dallas haven't been out of Anna's room.

"I'm gonna go check on Jug." Archie gave his sister a kiss on her cheek going to Jughead's hospital bed.

Fred watched his son. Dallas looked at the older Andrews. Fred looked stressed and worried. "Maybe you should go freshen up."

"No." Fred shook his head immediately. "I'm not leaving her."

"I'll watch over her Mr. Andrews. I promise." Dallas promises the man.

Fred sighed. "I'm going to stretch my legs." Fred stood up going out of his daughter's room.

Dallas then took Fred's chair. The Lodge sat by the girls side. He looked over the girl. Her face was bruised, not as bad as his but bruised.

Dallas' phone then started to play, 'Hey, Soul Sister.' He picked it up. "What, Veronica?"