♤-Chapter 48-♤

"Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." --Conrad Hilton

Chapter 48: Ties

1140 Tower Road

Nikolai groaned, "Ugh, I'm bored out of my mind Gabe. We already got our suits and everything what do we do know?" Gabe shrugged. "I know right and it fucking Friday. I can't believe just because tomorrow has a dance there are no parties tonight."

Nikolai lay lazily on his bed not knowing what to do... At least tomorrow was the dance and he would get to see Tatiana, his girlfriend. Nikolai smirks, suddenly feeling better.

It had been a short time, a few months to be precise but Tatiana did something to him. Unlike the other girls, Nikolai didn't just feel lust towards her. Sure, in the beginning, it was but in between then and now something has changed.

Maybe it was the fact that Nikolai knew her secret or that she was mysterious but the point was that Nikolai had fallen for her and couldn't be happier that she felt the same.

Gabe's phone pinged and he read the message, it was probably from Olivia. They had been talking the whole day. Nikolai knew he had it bad for Tatiana but Gabe probably had it worse for Olivia.

Gabe had liked Olivia since kindergarten and was wrecked when he found out that the day he was going to ask her to be his girlfriend Phillip had asked her to be his. Gabe and Phillip never had a good relationship but since then Gabe had despised Phillip.

Nikolai also happens to know that Gabe was going to beat Phillip up when he found out about the bet but Gabe was surprised when he found out that he was already beaten up for him. Of course, Phillip being a man with an ego had said it was 4 guys but there was a rumor that a girl did it.

Now that I think about it, it was probably Tatiana because she was close friends with Olivia.

"Dude, does your father still have that closet with all the ties?" Nikolai nodded at Gabe's question. His father was a very sophisticated person so he had a tie for every event, for every color, and for every shape, length and yes so he literally a room full of ties.

"Well you need a red tie and I need a gold and black one." Nikolai looked at Gabe waiting for him to elaborate. "The girls want our ties to match their dresses."

Nikolai grinned and nonchalantly stood up and they walked to his parent's room. "Nikolai," Nikolai's father nodded and walked into the tie room. Nikolai's father and mother were going on their traditional Friday, Date-Night.

Things have been a little tense around here. His parents were fighting a lot and honestly, Nikolai was thinking that this might be the end for his parents. He talked to his mother and she told him that she didn't want her family in this much danger anymore.

Nikolai even saw the divorce papers. Maybe his mother was going to give it to his father tonight. Neither of his parents was excited about tonight but they were still going to do it.

Even after all this time, Nikolai still couldn't believe his father was in a gang, but Nikolai hasn't told his father that he knew. To be honest, Nikolai doesn't think he wants his father to know at all.

"Dad can we borrow 2 of your ties for tomorrows dance. Our dates want our ties to match their dress." Nikolai's father nodded before walking out of the tie room and left them inside.

Luckily his ties were in a color-coded order so they walked to the red and gold ties. Gabe showed Nikolai a photo of their dresses.

Well, it wasn't their dress but a patch so that they could see the color. After looking through what felt like hundreds of ties they each found a tie that looked close to the colors they needed and walked back to Nikolai's room.

Copyright © 2018 by Grace Write