♤-Chapter 46-♤

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure." --Colin Powell

Chapter 46: Girlfriends

Clear View University

School had ended 10 minutes early and I was very much happy because I really just wanted to go home. I walked to my locker to place my books that I wasn't going to take home, away.

When I opened the locker a white piece of paper, looking like a letter, fell out. Looking around the hall to see that everybody was doing their own thing. Bending down I picked it up.

'Hey Gorgeous, let's play a game. Follow my instructions and take the folder in the locker with you. Don't read any of the coloured letters you get until I tell you to. First stop: Lunch Room.

-The Bad Boy'

I chuckled feeling better all of the sudden. This had Nikolai's name written all over it. So I'll play along. I walked to the lunch room and saw Olivia waiting there for me.

"Hey Liv, what you doing here?" I asked. Olivia grinned and waved a piece of paper in front of me. She gave me the letter and placed a red square in the folder. I shook my head and read the next letter.

'Well done. Now go to the parking lot and wait by the stairs.

-The Mysterious Boy'

Chuckling again, this was just weird. What was Nikolai up too? I walked to the parking lot and waited by the stairs. Gabe walked up to me and handed me a letter before placing a Green square in the folder. I opened the letter and read.

'Good, go to your car for the next instruction.

-The Sexy Boy'

This was just getting weirder with each letter. I looked around the parking lot for something suspicious. When nothing looked out of place, I walked to my car.

I saw Kade, one of Nikolai's friends leaning against my car. He handed me a letter with a red rose attached to it. He put a black square in the folder and I started getting curious. I shook my head and read the letter.

'Great, you have completed 3 stops. I know you probably want to know what's on the coloured papers but just wait, you're almost done. Go to the fountain for the next letter.

-The Pickup Line Boy'

I shook my head and walked to the fountain that was in the middle of the grass courtyard. I saw Abby and Bea waiting there. Abby took the folder out of my hand and placed a yellow square in as Bea gave me a letter and a white fluffy teddy. I opened the note and read.

'You're getting close to the end just a few more stops. Go to that obnoxiously large tree on the side of the courtyard and wait.

-The Popular Boy'

I speed walk to the courtyard since I was already halfway there. After walking for 3 minutes I reach the tree and saw Lance, another friend of Nikolai standing against the tree.

He hands me a letter and a chocolate slab and quickly placed a blue square in the folder before walking off. I sighed and opened the letter.

'You're getting warmer. I know you don't do feelings but there is something I would like to ask you. Go to the Library.

-The Nervous Boy'

Luckily the Library wasn't very far from here. As I walked I thought about what was going on. What the hell was Nikolai up to and why did he say he knew I don't do feelings.

When I arrived at the Library Dale and Caesar were waiting outside the library door. Dale put a pink square in the folder and Caesar gave me another letter. I opened it and read.

'For the last stop go to the football field. There is a board. Take the colour squares and put them in order on the board. I'll be there waiting for you.

-The Heavily Breathing Boy'

What the hell was going on? I jogged to the field feeling very thankful that I wore jeans and converse today. When I got there I saw the board and walked up to it. I looked around the field but couldn't see Nikolai but I could feel someone watching at me.

I opened the folder and took out all the squares. They all had one or two words written on them. I quickly read through them to see if I could make a sentence

"Will" "Go" "With me?" "To" "You" "The dance"

What the hell. I started scrambling the papers on the board and chuckled when I saw the sentence. Will you go to the dance with me?

I felt a presence behind me and slowly turned. Nikolai stood there with a nervous grin on his face. In his hands were a bunch of red roses and he rubbed his neck awkwardly and the said, "Tatiana will you go to the dance with me?"

I grinned and chuckled before nodding "You know since you did all this effort, I can't actually say no. So why the hell not?" Nikolai relaxed and a lazy grin appeared on his face.

"And if it's not pushing my luck will you be my girlfriend?" I hesitated a bit. Be Nikolai's girlfriend? That would mean putting a label to what we were, that would mean becoming serious. I looked at him and he looked relax but I could see the tension in his neck.

Slowly I nodded and said "Yes... yeah I'll go to the dance with you, but you do know what you're getting yourself into, right? With me being your girlfriend?"

He nodded and grinned. "I want you to be my girlfriend." A smile broke out on my face and I jumped into his arms. "Then yes, I'll be your girlfriend."

I wouldn't admit it out loud but I did like Nikolai. He was different. I had promised myself at the beginning of the year that I wouldn't be a cliché and fall for the bad boy.

Although that might have been just a little harder than I thought. I wouldn't say that I've fallen for him but I defiantly like him a lot more then I should.

Nikolai held me up tightly against him and kissed me straight on the mouth. I kissed him back and dropped everything that was in my hand on the floor so I could wrap my hands around his neck.

Copyright © 2018 by Grace Write