♤-Chapter 44-♤

The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus." -- Bruce Lee

Chapter 44: Blast From the Past

Clear View University

Yesterday was a weird day and today was even weirder. Why you may ask, while let me just tell you it sucked. Everybody stared at me the whole day.

Then I got the surprise of a father day at school. Now, well now someone from my past is back... Someone I thought I would never see again.

So let me just tell you what happened yesterday then I'll bring you back to today.

I opened the door just about to walk out of the house to drive to school and my soul almost leaves my body when I see Nikolai in front of me with his fist in the air as if he was about to knock

He awkwardly drops his fist and makes a weird awkward grin. I chuckle and raise an eyebrow at him. "Hey," He said after a minute of awkward silence.

"Hey back. What are you doing here?" I asked closing the door behind me. He walked back to the stairs and almost trips when he steps skew. I laughed and he rubbed his neck nervously.

After finding his footing so he doesn't fall he said: "Well I was wondering if you wanted to catch a ride with me?" I looked at where he was pointing to his car.

Slowly I nodded and he smirked. His body relaxes and he nodded. We walk to his car and he opens the door to me. I frowned, "What's going on?"

He sighed leaning against the car door. "Nothing, why do you ask? I'm just opening the door for you like a gentleman."

I rolled my eyes and got in. He closed the door and jogged to his side and got in. I looked at him and said, "You shouldn't be acting weird." I grinned at him.

He's been acting sweet and caring very since Silva said I could come home. I remember everything of Nikolai visiting me until after he said he forgave me. After that, he said I fell asleep.

He clears his throat awkwardly "Sorry, I've just never done this before." I roll my eyes and asked, "Done what, drive a girl that can't drive to school?" He chuckles and said, "That and the fact that you're the first girl that I don't ignore after sleeping with her."

I laughed and thought back to the fateful night after the family party. "Don't worry about it. If you stress or act unnaturally people are going to be more curious. And I don't like curious people. That will put attention on me and I can't have that."

Nikolai nodded and the rest of the drive to school was silent. The crowd in the parking lot looked at his car when we drove in. He parked next to a shocking pink car that Ava was leaning against and I groaned in frustration. Why did he have to park here?

It was like he could read my mind because he said "Sorry but Ava irritates me and it would really help if she thought there was a chance that I was with you."