♤-Chapter 40-♤

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." -- Helen Keller

Chapter 40: the Sun, the Moon and the Truth

2101 Woodpine Road

After Tatiana rushed out of the kitchen Nikolai stayed seated. Mm, who could it be this early in the morning? Looking up at the clock in the kitchen, his head turned when he heard whispering.

Raising one of his eyebrows, Nikolai walked to the kitchen door and peeked out; trying to see what was going on. Nikolai saw that it was that guy that's always with Tatiana.

He tried remembering his name before thinking his name might start with a D. Something else caught his attention before Nikolai could further wonder about why the man was here.

The man was cover in blood and it didn't look like any of it was his. He whispered something to Tatiana that was standing in front of him. Tatiana turned around and horror was written all over her face. The man's green eyes lit with worry.

That was when the flashes hit Nikolai, they were short and blank spots were between each one. There wasn't much to go on but Nikolai remembered everything He needed to.

"Nikolai, you know me. I'll be the last person you expected to be but still somewhere in that mind of yours you thought there was a possibility that I have a criminal record." The girl said.

"Why can't you just give me your name and get it over with?" I asked.

"So she got arrested and the kingdom feared her for she was only 16 years old and had already killed a man." The continued her story.

"The girl went to jail for 5 years before her boss who was extremely rich got her out on parole."

"Wait so you're the girl they talked about on the news," I asked and she nodded "And you go to my school right?"

It was either Mari Den Goats or Tatiana.

"You got me!" she grinned with a dark glint in her eyes.

The green eyes that made my stomach turn in a good way, the eyes that held mystery.

"Are you happy now that you know who I am?" She asked staring me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry but you can't know about me just yet," Tatiana said before everything went dark.

Nikolai looked up at Tatiana, his jaw almost on the ground. "You, I remembered that night! You work for the mafia. You kidnapped me!"

Tatiana rushed to his side and placed her hand on Nikolai's shoulder. "Please let me explain. It's not what you think!"

Nikolai pulled away from her touch and slowly moved backward. "Explain? What do you want to explain? That you're in a Mafia? That you lied to me? That you are a liar?"

Suddenly the man cover in blood was behind Nikolai holding him so he couldn't leave. "Please let me explain!" Tatiana begged and Nikolai glared at her. "It doesn't look like I have a choice!" Tatiana looked at Dimitri and then back to Nikolai.

"If he lets you go, will you please listen to me? After I told my story you can leave and I won't stop you." Nikolai angrily nodded not saying anything and Dimitri let go of him. He walked into the living room, Dimitri and Tatiana quietly followed him.

Nikolai decided that he was going to listen to her story but after that, he was leaving. "You already know my story, everything I said that night it true." Tatiana started talking, telling him the truth and nothing but the truth.