♤-Chapter 41-♤

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." -- Walt Disney

Chapter 41: Time

2101 Woodpine Road

1 Week.
2 Day.
15 Hours.

That's how long it's been since I last talked to Nikolai. The first week he had ignored my calls and text, at school, he would avoid me and not look at me. Even Olivia asked what was going on. I missed his goofy side and I never thought I'd say this but I miss the flirting and pickup lines.

I knew this wasn't going to be easy for him and I know he said he needed time. I wanted to give him all the time in the world, but doing it was easier said than done.

Last night when I came home from France I decided not to go to school today. It was, after all, Monday today and I was tired from the traveling and hurting from the newest knife wounds.

Maybe this was for the best. He couldn't get hurt because of me if we weren't together and there wouldn't be any huge grudges if I had to kidnap him again for an interrogation.

Staring at my ceiling I lazily stretched and curled back up under the blankets. This would give me time to forget my feelings for him. He could move on and finally give Ava what she always wanted, his heart. He would be safer by not being in my life.

I sighed and rolled around to answer my phone without looking at the caller. I said "Hello," while yawning. Silva started talking as I half listened.

"Tatia, you have to come in. Colombo kidnapped Grace earlier this morning on her jog." This caused me to jump out of my bed before he could say another word. "On my way." Before he could reply I hung up and ran to my closet.

If Colombo really took Grace, this was asking for war. A war they would never win. My walk was slower than usual because of the cut just below my ribs and the stitched-up wound in my abdomen. Bring a gun to a knife fight had proved to be stupid.

The Japanese men in France had proved it to me, as they were faster than a bullet and I was a bit slower than a knife.

After showering as quick as possible I redid the bandage on my stomach before getting dressed. As fast as I could I ran down the stairs to the Garage. I jumped on one of the bikes closes to the door and sped down the driveway all the way to Headquarters.

When I got there I jumped off the bike and jogged in. Ignoring everybody in the restaurant, and rushing down the underground tunnels to get to Silva.

As I arrived at the entrance I saw Silva and a group of 30 or maybe more men waiting. Silva started talking when I was close enough to hear.

"Colombo kidnapped Grace this morning. They sent me a video of her and I got one of the IT men to trace it." He swallowed hard before continuing.

"The signal led us back to an old abandoned Factory just outside of Clear View Point. Make groups of 5 or 6, get in a car and follow me. When we get there I'll talk further." Silva was calm but I could see the raising oceans in his eyes. This was the calm before the storm.

We walked out through one of the side exits of the headquarters to get to the cars. I drove with Silva in the front, when everybody was together Silva started driving to the destination that they IT guy gave us.

We stopped about 1 maybe 2 miles away from the Factory, to stay unseen before walking the rest of the way. We had the advance of them not knowing we were here. The element of Surprise.

When we got closer I could see that the Factory looked old and dangerous, about to fall apart. We stood behind a wall that looked like it could crumble into a pile of rubble if you touched it. Silva looked at us with a dangerous glint in his eyes.

"Stay in your groups. Mike, you and your group go to the east side. Nick, you and your group go to the west side. Angus you guys go to the back. Nico, find a way to get on the roof. Dimitri, Tatiana and the rest of you come with me we're going in front."

Silva looked down at his watch "its 09:35, when the clock strikes 09:45 we throw anesthetic gas bottles into the building. Do not go in guns blazing, wait 3 minutes and go in with gas masks on."

"Kill everybody that isn't on our side or take hostages and if you see Grace get her out of here. When it is 10 O'clock and you see a group or someone isn't out, contact us; that is if you have Grace." Everybody nodded and we crawled to our positions.

Our group crawled to the door. Nobody was there which meant the guards were on the inside. I groaned and looked for a window close to the door. I spotted one 3 feet away and crawled over. Dimitri saw what I was doing and nodded.

The tension in the air was so thick I could hardly breathe. I have been on a lot of missions and never nervous but this is the first time that if we don't do it right someone we all love could die.

I looked down on my watch and saw that it was 09:44. My watch counted on the side the seconds and I held my breath as everything slowed down into slow motion.

When the clock strikes 09:45 I throw 2 gas bottles in and heard noises then a thud. Silva opens the door and everybody tosses more gas bottles in as far as they can.

I crawled over to my group and we waited 3 minutes before putting gas masks on. We stormed the place and looked everywhere. Mike and Nick's group took hostages. Angus and Nico's groups started killing the other men.

Our groups split and each person heading a different way looking for Grace. She was not at the entrance of the Factory so we walked around softly looking for clues where she could be.

I was almost at the end of the factory and wanted to give up when something caught my eye. There was a bookcase with no books randomly placed against a wall. It wouldn't have been strange other than the fact that this was a water factory.

Copyright © 2018 by Grace Write