♤-Chapter 49-♤

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." -- Jim Rohn

Chapter 49: The Past

LeDe Coffee, Clear View Point

My father looked down at me nervously. His hair was ruffled and he had dark rings under his eyes. He looked around the coffee shop like he was afraid something might jump out from the dark.

"Tatiana, can I talk to you?" I shook my head and tried walking past him "No sorry I'm in a rush." He grabbed my arm and held me in place so I couldn't walk away from him. '"Please it's important." I sighed and took a seat at an empty table close to the door.

Richard sat down on the opposite side of me. He ruffled his hair and ordered a cup of coffee when the waiter walked past our table. "Can I get you anything?" He asked and I shook my head. The waiter nodded before walking back to the kitchen to place his order.

"What did you want to talk about?" He looked around again then started talking. "You, your mother and what happened." I rolled my eyes. I was not in the mood for this, it was after all in the past. Why did he want to bring past baggage to the future?

"It happened after your mother and I got married. More specific my bachelor party. I was drunk and I slept with another woman." He shook his head.

"Your mother and I had this huge fight because of her ex. I was so mad that I got drunk and I forgot about it until after our 3rd wedding anniversary when a woman came around to my office and told me. I remembered her."

He went on to tell the story of what I mostly know but he also shed some light on things I didn't know.

"I knew where you and your mother were. I wanted to visit you so much but they had said that they'd kill you so I stayed away. When your mother death was all over the news, Juliet said I should find you and bring you to live with us. I went to your home but you were nowhere to be found and I had used all my allies and resources to find you but you were gone. After 4 years I gave up."

I sighed, "You should have tried harder." He looked at me sadly. I shook my head. "All of those years I was with family. A family that was there when I needed them."

He stared down at his lap and fiddled with his fingers on the table. I wasn't about to tell him that I was in jail. I didn't care for his sob story or anything.

"Well, all is forgiven so I need to go." I didn't wait for his reply before I stood up and walked out of the coffee shop. I got into my Audi and drove home just wanting to forget about what happened. I wanted to leave him in the past, forever!

Olivia and I had slept the morning gone and woke up around 11 am. Luke had made us breakfast, which we enjoyed. After we ate, we started getting ready for our nail appointment that was 1′o clock this afternoon, one of the driver were going to take us.

I was standing in my closet when Olivia came walking in with a towel wrapped around her. "Tatia, do you think I can borrow something to wear?"

I nodded and pointed to the clothes that were a bit too small for me. Olivia was smaller in size compared to me. She was lean and small where I was tall and build from all the missions and exercises I did daily.

"Those clothes are a bit small for me so there should be something that would fit you." Olivia looked around until she found something cute before getting dressed. I did the same but stopped when I heard Olivia gasp.

I turned to her and saw that she was holding a gun. "Tatia, why do you... why... you have a gun?" I licked my lips ranking my mind for an answer; I should have never left that thing in the closet.

"Liv, you've seen where I live right? There have been a few break-ins in this house before I moved in. It's just to protect myself." Liv nodded and I walked closer to her slowly. I took the gun out of her hand and placed it on the rack.

Olivia smiled softly but still looked nervous. "Liv don't you worry about it, I haven't used it before. It's brand spanking new." She relaxed while nodded.

I could see the tension leave her body and that she was happy that it hadn't been used before. That was the gun I used the whole time but I could never tell her that.

We finished getting dress then walked to the foyer. Mr. Pennyworth was waiting for us and I nodded at him. I quickly whispered in his ear. "Send someone in my room. In my closet on the second rack, on the right side is my gun. Put it somewhere where I can find it later."

He nodded and then Olivia and I walked out of the house. We walked to my garage and when it came out from under the ground Olivia squealed. I ginned and her as she looked around all the cars in awe. "Which one are we going to take for a ride O?" Olivia looked up with big eyes.

"You mean I get to choose which one we are going to drive." I nodded my head and she looked around "Even if it's a bike?" I nodded again. "Sure I got extra biker stuff."

I pointed to the rack that hung against the wall on the far end. Olivia nodded but then walked to Black Bentley. "I would love to go with a bike but we're going to go do our nails so yeah let's use a car."

I nodded and we both got into the back of the car. One of the drivers walked into the garage and closed my door before I could. I rolled my eyes knowing that Silva had told them from the start to always, no matter where I'm going, open and close my door.

The ride was mostly quiet while Olivia was talking to Gabe and I was playing candy crush on my phone. We stopped at Kitty's Nails to do our nails.

One of Grace's friend's owned the place and made a special appointment for us. We each showed the 2 girls how our dresses looked and they said that they could do something that would look great.

They pointed at one of the many tables and asked us to take a seat and get comfortable, this might take a while were their exact words. While they did our nails, we were offered champagne and snacks that of course were fed to us.

An hour and a half flew by as Olivia and I talked about everything and anything. When they were finished and I paid it was already 14:40. This would mean we only had 20 minutes until the make-up artists would arrive at my house.

Outside the driver stood with the door already open. Olivia got in first and I followed after. The driver drove as quickly as he could through the Clear View Point traffic; let's just say it wasn't an easy job.

We arrived at home with five minutes to spare or so I thought because just after we drove in a car stopped at the gate, it was the make-up people. Of course, they would be early; it would be unprofessional if they were late.

So that was how time flew and in a blink of an eye, it was almost time for the boys to be here. The make-up artist did our makeup while the hair stylists that arrived at 4 did our hair. When the clock stroked 5, Olivia and I were dolled up with perfect nails, makeup and hair do's.

I got my assistants to help us into our dresses after the stylist and artists left. This job took a while since it was hard not to destroy our hair or makeup. I was brought back to reality when the doorbell chimed through the house. Olivia looked at me and I knew that it was Gabe and Nikolai.

We had 30 minutes to get to school so we did the final touches to ourselves and by the time that it was 6 and the dance had begun Olivia and I walked down the hall to the stairs.

I told the boys not to worry about transport since I got that sorted and said transport would only take us 15 minutes to get to school.

Olivia walked down first and I was happy that I had asked Alfred to video the boy's reaction. When I peeked down the rail and saw that Olivia was at the last step I started walked down.

Nikolai's eyes snapped up to me and his jaw fell to the ground. Halfway down the staircase Nikolai snapped out of his daydream and walked up to me taking my hand in his and placed a kiss on it.

For the first time in years, a blush rushed to my cheeks and Nikolai smirked when he spotted it. The smirk fell from his face and he smiled softly "You look beautiful."

My blush deepened and I could feel the point of my ears heat up, I quickly replied: "And you look dashing." The smirk was back on his face and I rolled my eyes playfully.

Copyright © 2018 by Grace Write