♤-Chapter 35-♤

"The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. It's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere." --Barack Obama

Chapter 35: We Need To Talk

Clear View University

Olivia and I were standing against our lockers when the hallway intercom went off. "Good morning students, this is Mr. Sawyer speaking. I would just like to tell the seniors that have classes with me the SPP date has changed to tomorrow for educational reasons."

Just great, this means Nikolai and I had to go to my house after school to finish the project into its final form and ready it into the presentation form. We would be working almost all afternoon and most likely also long into the night.

Just then Nikolai walked up to me. "Your house or mine?" He said. I quickly replied "Mine," He walking away and against my better judgment, I grabbed his arm to stop him. He stops and looked back at me with a raised eyebrow.

I looked around and saw that nobody can hear us "We need to talk about what happened Friday." Nikolai tensed. I didn't want to talk about it as much as he didn't but it needs to be done, so things wouldn't be weird between us.

He looked around before sighing "Yeah sure. You're right we need to talk about it. Things have been weird since. You're way too hot to make things between us weird." He smirked and I rolled my eyes before chuckling.

The day went by in lighting speed and soon I was waiting outside for Nikolai

The day went by in lighting speed and soon I was waiting outside for Nikolai. I looked at my watch and saw that I was waiting 30 minutes already and the schools parking lot was empty except for my car, Nikolai's and another student's car.

I waited another 15 minutes when the school doors opened and Ava walked out. She smirked at me before getting into her car. Her hair was a mess and her makeup was smudged. Nikolai walked out a minute later. He was still buttoning up his pants and his hair was a mess too.

This made my heart hurt a little and caused a knot in my stomach. See feelings were something that shouldn't be in my life. Maybe this already gave me the answers I wanted.

They weren't the ones I hoped for but this was better. He stopped in his tracks when he saw me. He sighed then moved his hand through his hair trying to fix it.

"Can we go now? Or is there someone else you want to fuck?" I asked with a smirk on my face, acting like my heart wasn't aching. He nodded with a weak smile and got into his car.

I got into mine and drove out of the school gates, leaving Nikolai in the dust of my Bugatti. I took the long way that required me to drive on the high way.

I geared to 5th and sped between the cars at 300 mph. I made it home in 20 min and drove up to my driveway. As I got out Nikolai drove in as well.

"Where were you, I couldn't find you anywhere," He asked as he got out of his car. I smirked at him, "Took the high way wanted to test this baby."

I patted the roof of my black Bugatti even though that was not the whole truth. I wanted time to think and get rid of the heartache I was feeling.

Nikolai nodded and we walked into my house. Mr. Pennyworth nodded and whispered in my ear "Mr. Ferreira called. He asked me to remind you of the celebration this Saturday."

I nodded and he almost walked away before also whispering "He also asked you to bring a date. That is not Mr. Dimitri or his cousin."

I sighed but then nodded. Mr. Pennyworth walked into the kitchen as Nikolai and I walked up to the stairs to my room. When we came to the second level Nikolai asked: "What are in the other doors." I hesitated for a second. "Come on I'll show you."

I walked into one of the rooms and Nikolai looked around the room at the aquarium. We walked out and I pointed to the 5 other rooms, "Those are guest rooms." We walked to the other side and I walked into the last room before my bedroom, "This is the gym."

Nikolai nodded then said "Maybe I should start going to the gym here. This room has more equipment than my gym." I chuckled and nodded. "Let's go to my room." Nikolai smirked, "Baby why didn't you say so earlier." I chuckled and hit him on the head. "Not like that asshat."

Nikolai sighed "I know. I just wish." I laughed again before saying, "Keep dreaming buddy." We walked into my room and I started up the computer. This time Nikolai had brought his computer as well.

I emailed him the first 5 pages of all our information and I took the last 5. "Okay, write that into something more because you are saying that part. I'll do the last 5 pages because that is the part I'll be saying."

Nikolai nodded and we started to do our work. 3 Hours later Nikolai stopped and looked at me. "What?" I asked without stopping "You know... never mind," He said going back to work. This time I stopped and looked at him "What?" He sighed.

"Do we need to talk about the kiss?" he said. I frowned then said "We don't have to. You sleeping with Ava told me everything I needed to know." He sighed rubbing his eyes over his face "You weren't meant to see that."

I made an unknown noise in the back of my throat before sighing. I leaned back into the office chair at my table. "Look the kiss was a mistake and it didn't mean anything. We're friends and that's all we will ever be."

Nikolai had a sad look on his face. We stopped talking there and finished the project. He was done first so he shut down his laptop. While he waited for me he walked around the room. As I closed my laptop he asked another question. "Why do you come forth like a heartless girl with no emotions?"

I didn't look up but answered, "When I was young, my father walked out on me and my mother. No reason was given. I come home from school and my mom and dad were fighting about him leaving and how he owed someone 150 Thousand dollars." I stopped talking for a second before continuing.

"He hugged me said I love you then left. My mother started going crazy and just sat in her bedroom all day and night crying. So I started getting into the wrong crowd. One day on my way home I met some people that changed my life. They became my new family."

I looked down at the laptop, wondering if I should continue with the story or my work. "Long story short, these people were my guardian's, Silva and Grace.

I sort of became his daughter as he took the role my father should have. 2 years later my mother was murdered by one of the men my father owed money."

I stopped and went back to work. "I see what feelings do to people. It broke my parents and I promised myself never to be dependent on a man like my mother was.

The only way to protect your heart is to act like you don't have one and according to a lot of people, bad girls don't have hearts so I became a Bad Girl."

Nikolai asked minutes later "So you just decided to change?" He asked. I looked up at him and saw that he was frowning, not answering I just nodded my head once again. I didn't want to speak in the fear that I would choke on my words.

It was around 7 pm when all the storytelling and school work were done. Nikolai got into his car and drove off while I stared as he disappeared into the dark. I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill and later punched the punching bag.

Around 9 pm I ran a bath and relaxed for a bit before getting out and getting ready for bed.

Copyright © 2018 by Grace Write