♤-Chapter 45-♤

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure." --Colin Powell

Chapter 45: Ava's Story

Clear View University

Nikolai begged, "Tatiana". He couldn't understand why she didn't want to answer his questions. Nikolai was beyond confused. Tatiana looked at him with an irritated frown. "Nikolai, all you need to know is that was my father and I didn't know that Ava and I were related."

Nikolai groaned when she walked away before he could talk again. He knew that Ava's father was Tatiana's father because that was all she's been telling him since the whole incident yesterday.

It was quite a shock to Nikolai that Tatiana and Ava were related. Even if they were only just half related. He looked down the hall to see if he could spot Ava.

Nikolai saw her leaning against her locker with Johnson, one of the Football players. He was whispering in her ear and she would giggle. Good lord, she really was a whore.

Nikolai walked down the hall to her and cleared his throat when he was close enough for her to hear. Ava looked at Nikolai and smirked before pushing Johnson away.

Johnson shook his head and walked backward do the hall for a second before turning around. Ava's hand was rubbing up and down Nikolai shoulder and arm.

"Hey handsome, I see you don't have a puppy following you around anymore," Ava said when she looked around him to see if she could see Tatiana. Ava grinned before saying, "Does this mean we can finally get back together?"

Nikolai sighed and shook his head before pushing Ava's hand off his shoulder "No, Tatiana and I are still together." Ava frowned before fury flashed in her eyes.

"Seriously, what do you see in that brat, she isn't even good-looking. I mean why would you choose that over me? It's like choosing to drink vinegar over water?"

Nikolai raised an eyebrow at her and she growled. "That bitch took everything from me!" Ava shook her head violently and looked around the hall.

"First my father, then you. What is next? My friends, my school, and my crown?" Nikolai placed his hands on her shoulders and shook Ava a bit.

"Why do you say she stole your father?" Ava looked at Nikolai like he was an idiot before shaking her head. Sadness flashed over her expressing before it quickly disappeared. "Meet me on the bleachers, lunchtime." Before Nikolai could say no Ava walked away.

When it was lunch he walked to the football field's bleachers and waited for Ava. Nikolai didn't wait long before she arrived. We sat down and she was silent for a second before looking at him. Ava looked vulnerable and sad.

"When I was young, my mother told me my father had loose ends to tie and left her before knowing she was pregnant. She had failed to mention that those loose ends happened to be a wife and a daughter."

She looked around the field absentmindedly before continuing "After a while, my father came back and I was finally happy. His loose ends were tied and we could finally be a family again. But then like all good things it had to come to an end."

Ava looked at Nikolai and sighed. "I found a photo in his wallet. A photo of his wife and daughter. I had asked my mother everything about them and then stalked the daughter on social media."

Ava stayed silent for a bit. The wind was blowing and the sound was kind of relaxing but also sad at the same time.

"Finally I was moving on and was happy again. Unfortunately that quickly, once again, come to an end when Tatiana walked into the school as if she owned it. I knew it was her the moment I saw her in the hall."