♤-Chapter: 6-♤

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it." -- Henry David Thoreau

Chapter 6: Fight or Die Instincts

Clear View University

I had this feeling deep inside that shit was about to hit the fan. The clicking of heels against the tiles continued, getting louder and louder as they drew closer to the table where I was sitting at. Soon the sound stopped and I knew that it was time to turn around and face the music.

Slowly, not really in a hurry, I turned around. There was boredom writing all over my face as I saw a beach Barbie in a red mini skirt that looked like a second skin and a black tube top that was 2 sizes too small for her. It wasn't a very flattering look.

She stood with her hands on her hips and two girls stood behind her. I presume they were her twiddle dee and twiddle dumb that followed her everywhere she went.

Of course, she was here to try and intimidate me but come on could this school get any more cliché than it already was.

The girl had ruby red lipstick on her Botox lips and an unflattering sneer on her face. Mentally rolling my eyes I prepared for what was about to happen. I lay back on the plastic chair awaiting her raft.

"Well-well look at what we have here girls," 2 sizes too small said. This time I rolled my eyes and I could see the twitch in her eyebrow. "A new emo girl in all black." she sneered at me.

I stood up and looked her up and down; it was a good thing that we were the same height even with her wearing 6-inch heels. Looking her in the eye, I sarcastically said: "I've been called worse by better." She looked shocked and then sneered at me again.

"This is my school, I rule this place and I will make your life hell if you ever try to do something out of line." I chuckled fake before staying silent.

She stared at me with a raised eyebrow for a full-blown minute before saying "Did you hear me or are you deaf?" This time around I looked and then pointed at me with an innocent look.

"If you're waiting for me to care, you better pack a lunch. It's going to be a while." Her face was turning an unpleasant shade of red and if she was an animation character there would be steam leaving her ears.

"You're pushing your limits, new girl. I'll crush you like a stick!" I rolled my eyes. "It's 'I'll crush you like a twig'... not stick." She sneered at me again and said. "That's it, I'll end you and this year will be hell!"

"Hold on, you think you could make my life hell?" I burst out laughing, clutching my stomach before straightening up and made my face void of emotion, "Let's see you try."

She gasped and then whipped her ash-blonde extensions in my face and walked away. My first day and I already made an enemy. Could this day get any more exciting?

"This isn't over new girl." I rolled my eyes and spoke loud "Oh yes it is because you are the one walking away." The whole cafeteria went silent again and I sat back down.

I didn't even feel a shiver of fear through my body. Beach Barbie was just going to make this year a whole lot more fun.

I saw everybody in the cafeteria and my table looking at me like I grew a second head "What?" I asked. Everybody quickly turned around and went back to what they were doing a few seconds ago.

Though there were lingering stares and whispers. University drama was almost just as bad as high school drama, you'd think that the older these kids get the more mature they are but obviously not in Clear View Point.