♤-Chapter 62-♤

"I realized I was thinking of you, and I began to wonder how long you'd been on my mind. Then it occurred to me: Since I met you, you've never left." - Unknown

Chapter 62: The requests

1232 Ocean Drive

ONE YEAR LATER

Nikolai hugged and placed a kiss on Grace's cheek when he walked into the main house kitchen that Grace was standing in. "Ciao Grace, do you think we can talk? And is Silva here?" She nodded before replying, "Silva is here, what you want to talk about?" Nikolai rubbed his hands together and asked Grace if they could all talk in Silva's office.

She silently replied by leading Nikolai down the hall to the office where he first officially met Silva as Tatiana's boyfriend. Silva was once again shouting on the phone in Italian which caused Grace to roll her eyes.

They both took a seat in front of Silva's desk when he pointed to them before holding up one finger, asking for a minute.

After 5 minutes Silva silently put the phone on the table before standing up to place a kiss on Grace's cheek and shakes Nikolai's hand. Then taking his seat again behind the big wooden desk.

"I came to ask you guys something." Silva nodded and waved for Nikolai to continue. Nikolai stood up and took out the small red velvet ring box out of his leather jacket.

He opened the box before showing it to Grace and Silva. Silva glared at the box while Grace gasped and grinned.

"I would like to ask you permission in asking for Tatiana's hand." Silva silently glowered at the box before looking up to Nikolai. Still not saying anything Silva stood up and walked closer to him.

It suspiciously looked like Silva was about to punch Nikolai. When he was a hair's breadth away from Nikolai he placed a hand on his shoulder a squeezed.

In a calm voice, Silva stated, "Took you long enough." Nikolai sighed while Silva and Graced burst out in laughter.

Grace patted the seat next to her and asked Nikolai to sit. "So how are you going to do it?" Silva asked after taking his seat again.

"Well, actually that was another reason I was here. I have a few ideas but I would like second opinions." Grace nodded and grinned "Molto, tell me your ideas." (Good)

"Well, I thought of a picnic proposal, a walk in the wood's proposal, a beach proposal. I'm just not sure exactly which one because I would like to have you there and maybe a few friends."

Silva and Grace both nodded and stayed silent. It was like a light bulb exploded above Grace's head. She started rapidly talking in Italian but Nikolai just stared at her because he didn't understand a word she was saying.

When she was done she took a deep breath and grinned at Nikolai as she forgot for a second that he could not understand Italian.

"Okay, let's try that again, but in English this time." Nikolai words caused her to laugh and shake her head.

"We have a family friend that takes pictures for a living. So what if you tell Tatiana that you got a photographer. It's going to be a couples and friendship photo shoot. We'll say the photographer is our friend and that's why we are there."

Nikolai grinned and thought about how perfect it would be. Their friends would be there, Grace and Silva as well and Tatiana would not expect it. It would be the perfect proposal. Nikolai himself couldn't think of any better way to do it and make sure that the most important people in their lives are there.