♤-Chapter 34-♤

"If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time." --Steve Jobs

Chapter 34: Gretchen

2101 Woodpine Road, Clear View Point

For the fifth time in the last 10 minutes, Nikolai begged me to stop working. "Damn, okay we're done for now. Please let's get some food, I'm practically starving here."

I sighed in frustration and then just nodded. Nikolai jumped up from his chair and run out of my office before I could think twice about my choice.

I chuckled a bit and walked out of the room after Nikolai to the kitchen. Luke, my head of chef was in the kitchen waiting for our order. Nikolai looked up at me with big puppy eyes and pouted lips. I burst into laughter.

"Dear lord. Don't pout like that, you look like a monkey." Nikolai stopped and I heard Luke chuckled under his breath. Nikolai looked at the chef then back to me.

He placed a hand on his heart and wiped away a fake tear "That hurt you know? I'm a softy!" He pouted again before bursting into laughter as well.

"Hey, Luke, can you make us a sandwich- Uhm I got to take this but just whip something up," I said well looking down on my phone. Silva was calling me.

"What is it?" I answered "Tatiana... we have a mission and it can't wait." I sighed "Okay?" I looked over to Nikolai and he was looking back at me with a raised eyebrow.

"There is a rough CSI-agent that worked for us that now turned against us about 2 hours ago. I'll send you all the info right now. You have to make this guy disappear. He has information about us. He's going to give it to the Russian Mob."

My eyes flashed to Nikolai before I turned my back on him and answered Silva "Okay send me what I need but what am I supposed to do with Nikolai?" I looked back up and saw that Nikolai was making funny faces with Luke.

"What about Nikolai?" Silva's frustrated voice came through on the other hand of the phone. "Well he is here and we're busy with a school project."

Silva sighed again and I could hear the irritation in his voice. "Do something, but this mission must be done within the next hour." I rolled my eyes "I'm on it," I hung up and turned around bumping into Nikolai.

"Somewhere you have to be?" I nodded "Look I'm sorry but I need to go but it's family business." Nikolai disappointed look on his face but nodded. "Well, I'll just get my things than be on my way."

I nodded "Well I'll ask Mr. Pennyworth to let you out. I really have to go. I'll see you at school or maybe later." Nikolai nodded but I could see the disappointment in his eyes.

I rushed up the stairs to the weapons room. Looking down the hall seeing nobody coming up I entered the code, walked in and closed the door behind me. We wouldn't want someone, especially Nikolai to wander in here.

I picked up a duffel bag in the corner and put in a sniper gun with a bullet box. Then I put in 10 knives into the bag. I bent down, rolling up the bottom of my jeans and placed a strap that held the knives in and places 4 knives in there.

I picked up 2 handguns and pulled out the magazines filling them up with bullets. I placed the one gun in the back of my jeans under my shirt and the other on the side of my jeans.

I pulled my shirt off and placed on a bulletproof vest on before I put another strap over the vest. I nodded knowing I was safe. I quickly put in 5 fully loaded magazines just for safety measures.

Just then my phone pinged and I saw that it was a message from Silva with everything I needed. I look at my phone security camera check to see if anybody was coming.