♤-Chapter: 12-♤

"There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed." -Ray Goforth

Chapter 12: Mr. Pickup-line

Clear View University

I shouldn't have said what I said to Phillip. This was bad; he could expose me now that he knows I have a violent history. At first, I wanted to tell him I was a part of a Mafia but that would be breaking the law of silence, and that is the last thing on earth I would ever want to break.

So I told him I went to juvenile prison for 10 months for B&E with a minor assault charge against me. Sure there was no way he would find any evidence but I know he saw I was serious when he saw the look in my eyes.

I don't know what came over me but when Phillip reached to hold Olivia's arms I saw red. She was my friend even if I've only known her for one full week but something about her just pulled you close and made you want to be her friend.

As I sat in Foreign Language leaning against my chair, I started to relax. I wasn't one to worry and I knew Phillip was too dumb to do anything with the information he received today.

Nikolai was sitting down next to me for the first time today. He chose this as his chair today and said from now on this was his seat. Of course, he would say something like that. My phone pinged with a message and Nikolai's attention was drawn to my phone.

From: Silva
To: Tatiana
Tonight at 7 pm? I got something for you.

I replied yes and shifted in my seat to get a more comfortable position. Nikolai glared at my hand where my phone was a minute back. "Is that your boyfriend?" He asked in a monotone, sounding displeased. "No, I wouldn't call my guardian my boyfriend."

Nikolai's face flushed red and he said "Oh." I chuckled at his jealousy. He chuckled softly. "Well is there a boyfriend?" He asked when I stayed silent.

I shook my head and smirked at him. "No, I don't date." He raised an eyebrow. "Well, that's a surprise. Why do you not date? Or are you just one of those girls that say they don't date but then you're secretly planning on how to make a guy fall for you." I rolled my eyes and was about to reply when the teacher called my name.

"Ms. Aksakor!" I looked up at the teacher. "How well can you speak Spanish?" Ms. Kemp asked. Is that what she was learning us? Well, luckily it was one of the few languages I spoke.

"Lo hablo con bastante fluidez señora" She nodded. "Qué idioma hablas?" She asked again and I almost immediately answered. "Francés, Español, Italiano y Griego" Ms. Kemp only nodded again and turned to the board to write sentences.

Nikolai raced an eyebrow at me. "Well I'm not good at Spanish, so mind telling me what that was all about?" I chuckled at him but he didn't smirk.

"I said that I speak Spanish quite fluently then she asked what languages do I speak and I replied in Spanish that I speak French, Spanish, Italian and Greek."

He looked at me impressed. "Great now I could have a good tutor." I chuckled and shook my head. "No way," He sighs, "You didn't answer my other questions. Why do you not date?"

The true answer to that question would be that I don't do love and that it would be too dangerous to date me, but instead of saying that I said, "Haven't felt the need to be with someone, I don't like settling down or the idea of being with one person. Also, I haven't met someone worth my time."