♤-Chapter 39-♤

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." -- Helen Keller

Chapter 39: Three Things Cannot be Long Hidden

2101 Woodpine Road

Nikolai glared at Tatiana as he spoke, "You lied to me. Everything was a lie." He was angry, no beyond angry, he was furious. "Nikolai, I was going to tell you. It just wasn't the right time." Nikolai sarcastically chuckled and shouted at her, "When would there ever be a right time to tell someone you kill people for a living."

EARLIER

EARLIER

Nikolai groaned in frustration, wondering to himself why is the sun shining in his eyes? Why oh why didn't he close the curtains last night... Last Night. Right then all the memories of the previous night reservist.

Nikolai smirked to himself when he remembered that he wasn't even in his bed. Nikolai was in Tatiana's bed where they had the best sex multiple times throughout the night.

Last night and this morning's events flashed in his mind. Fuck, who knew that sex could be that good? Nikolai had to give it to Tatiana, last night and this morning was the best sex of his life.

He opened his eyes and looked around Tatiana's bedroom. He remembered how he couldn't even look for a second because they started kissing as soon as her door closed.

Nikolai knew she lived alone so he wasn't worried about parents walking in or anything. He stretched and his back popped. Sighing in relieve Nikolai looked to the other side of the bed.

Tatiana was sleeping peacefully so he slowly got out of bed, butt naked, and looked around the room for his boxers. When Nikolai found them he started getting dressed in his boxer-briefs but left his shirt on the ground.

What was Nikolai supposed to do now? Should he walk out, go home and forget this happened or are should he stay and ask what this means for them now. His stomach grumbled and his stomach chose him.

He was going to stay, cook breakfast then see what happens. If he's being honest Nikolai would like things not to be awkward between them but it would be awesome if they can have a repeat of last night again.

Nikolai walked out of Tatiana's room and down the hall. He looked around the house to see if anybody was here or even awake.

Hearing nothing Nikolai walked into the kitchen and started on breakfast. He had already set the table and breakfast was almost finished when Nikolai heard the staircase creak.

 He had already set the table and breakfast was almost finished when Nikolai heard the staircase creak

UPSTAIRS

Groaning I rolled over to the other side of the bed. It felt warm but nothing was there. The pillow smelled spicy and woody, I frowned. What the hell? Just then flashes of last night came back to me.

I felt the pain between my legs and smirked. Wild, hot and steamy sex was the best. I squinted my eyes open a bit and looked around the room.

Nikolai's shirt was still on the chair along with his jeans but the rest of his clothes were nowhere to be seen. I listened closely to hear if the shower was going but it wasn't. Where the hell was he? I stretched and got out of bed.

Looking down I realized I was still naked and walked to my closet to find clothes. I groaned in pain when my legs almost gave in as my muscles were tense and sore.

Wild sex was amazing but the after pain not so much. Walking half with a limp to my closet I quickly chose a comfy loose shirt that was long enough to reach mid-thigh and some panties.

I slipped on some black socks and walked out of my room looking down the hall to see if Nikolai was somewhere.

I heard pot and pans in the kitchen and wondered why Luke was here. It was Sunday and everybody had the day off meaning I had the house to me. I walked downstairs to the kitchen but shortly stopped at the door in surprise.

Nikolai was standing in front of the stove. I saw that the dining table was set for 2 people when Nikolai walked in and placed the food.

He looked up at me and jumped a bit in surprise when he saw me standing at the kitchen door with raised eyebrows. He chuckled and shook his head like something was funny. "You scared me," I smirked and walked up to him.

I peeked over his shoulder and raised a questioning eyebrow. He smirked and said, "I made food... hope you don't mind."

I shook my head, walked to the table and took a seat; Nikolai followed me to the table. The food looked really good and I had to give credit to Nikolai, who knew he could cook?

On each of the plates were 2 pancakes, 2 Sunnyside up eggs, 2 halves of tomato and a bit of mushroom. It was then when my stomach decided to take charge and grumble.

Nikolai chuckled and we both dug in. The food tasted as good as it looked. I think somewhere along the line I moaned at how the delicious the food was.

Nikolai was done before me. He waited until I was finished before standing up, taking both our plates and started to wash them. When he was done he sat next to me and frowned.

I raised an eyebrow and said, "What is it?" He looked at me hesitantly, like he was wondering if he should just ask me or forget it.

Finally, he said "I just want to know what last night meant? I want to know do we forget about it and act like nothing happened, or do we date now. I just want to know."

I was about to answer him when the front door opened. "Just wait here; I'll go check it out," I told Nikolai before walking out of the kitchen.

I came to a standstill after walking out of the kitchen. Quickly looking back at Nikolai I smiled trying to hide how nervous I suddenly became.

Dimitri was standing in front of the door, covered in blood; head to toe. Without looking back at Nikolai I rushed to him and harshly whisper. "What the hell are you doing here?" I looked around hoping Nikolai wouldn't come walking out of the kitchen to see this.

"You can't be here. Nikolai is here in the kitchen and he can't see you like this!" Dimitri looked down at me before silently saying, "It's too late for that."

Copyright © 2018 by Grace Write