♤-Chapter 23-♤

"If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary." -- Jim Rohn

Chapter 23: Venom

2101 Woodpine Road

Beep-Beep-Beep. "This is KSUR AM in Clear View Point, Hillford. It's a beautiful Monday morning and 07:30 AM. Here is a wake-up song by Katy Perry, This Moment."

🎵Can you tell me
Who called the race?
Can anyone stay in one place?
And when you get to the finish line
Will you wish for more time or say.🎵

I woke up with a groan. Have you notice that I could be a morning person... but staying out until 5 in the morning only to wake up 2 hours later was not a good thing.

🎵One day
One day you will
But maybe one day you will find
That you just can't push rewind🎵

I groaned again before standing up. I stretched and walked to my bathroom. There was no time to go to the gym so I jumped into the shower and washed my hair and body. 20 Minutes later I got out and brushed my teeth. While letting my hair air-dry I walked to the closet.

I chose clothes without even thinking about them since I was just too tired. I chose a black crop top that had the word "Normal is Boring" printed on it. With that, I took a pair of black heavily ripped skinny jeans. I chose my signature black leather jacket.

I took black sunglasses and white converse before getting dressed. After I was done dressing I sat down on my makeup table and did my eye shadow and put on red lipstick, I did my hair in a fancy braid and grabbed my backpack.

I jogged down the stairs grabbing a bottle of water in the fridge and made sure I had cash in my wallet. After waving at Alfred, I jumped into my black Audi and drove to school.

10 minutes later I arrive at school seeing the usual crowd in the courtyard. The groups standing away from each other and only mingling with their friends.

In one corner you could see the jocks laughing or checking out the girls then there were Ava and her friends standing with Nikolai and his friends.

I got out of my car and walked to the doors. Some people smiling at me and others that haven't yet were waving and complimenting me on the party Friday night.

I saw Olivia running to me almost tackling me off my feet. "Tatia! I have missed you." I looked at her weirdly and raised a suspicious eyebrow at her. What the hell is she up to...? "Hey, Liv?"

"Friday was awesome." I chuckled at her. "Yes, it was." She nodded her head frequently "And the guys were HOTTT!!" I laughed and she giggled.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it..." She gave me a tight hug "Thanks Tatiana, I needed it." I nodded and hugged her awkwardly. I was not the feel-y emotional type of person. The last time I felt any emotion was when I found my mother's dead body in our living room.

"All right... hug time over." She quickly let go and chuckled nervously. "Let's go," She pointed over her shoulder at the school and I nodded. Nikolai waved at me. I smirked at him and raised an eyebrow and he just smiled at me.

I shook my head confused. Ava glared at me and I chuckled at her... when I walked passed her I whispered in her ear "He is a great kisser. I can see why you like him so much." She glared at me as I walked away from her into the school hallway. Olivia and I walked to our lockers.

She had the typical high school girl locker. It had a mirror on the inside of her door where there were photos of her and her friends all over it. Her books were in perfect order and neat.

We grabbed our books for first class when the rest of the group came and we chilled waiting for the bell to ring.

After a long school day, I walked to my car when my phone beeped; it was a message from Silva. I wonder what he wants. I anticipated leaving the message until I got home but decided against it and opened the text.

From: Silva
To: Tatiana
Come to the Headquarters. I got a job for you. One you just won't be able to resist.

I didn't reply and got in my car. I drove out of the schoolyard and sped down Highway 99 until I got to Grace's restaurant. I locked my car and jogged in.

I walked down the secret tunnel after it opened and Dimitri was right next to me. "You got a text from Silva too?" Dimitri asked and I nodded. Our jogs slowed to a walk when we saw Silva waiting for us.

"We did some digging into Venom and we found a few interesting things. Here is the file." Silva said while smirking. I took the file and read it.

Name: Venom a.k.a Riley Moretti
Age: 47 Years old
Day Job: Lawyer
Relationship: Married to Liandré Shepherd (Maiden name) Moretti.
Heir(s): One son, one daughter

"Tatiana I need you to kidnap his son. We don't have more info about him but Dimitri is going to help with that. When we find him we need you to bring him to the Save House."

I nodded not seriously reading the file. I was so excited about this mission I didn't even realize that I knew his son. And when I finally would realize it, it would be too late to back out.

Copyright © 2018 by Grace Write