♤-Chapter: 3-♤

"It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." -- Herman Melville

Chapter 3: Aksakor Estate

2101 Woodpine Road

I got out of the halted black car. I looked admirably at the house, the windows and doors were in Alder wood framework.

The movement to my left caught my attention and compelled me to look. I created an emotionless expression before looking at the big bulky man in a black and white 3 piece suit that was standing outside of the car.

He stood straight and tall as he strode from his door to mine and close my still open door. He was easily 2 feet taller than me. Shielding my eyes from the sun when I looked up at him.

"Miss Aksakor, welcome to Aksakor Estate. I am your driver Mike. Here is your new phone. If there is anything you would like or need to know my number, all the members of the gang's numbers, all the people from your house, Silva and Grace's number on there." I nodded and he got back in the car and drove away, leaving me on my own to explore the house, my house.

I walk straight to the infinity pool first because it is in front of the house and right in front of me. The pool has its own neatly tiled Patio with an Alder wooden door that led into the house. On the patio was a fully loaded Bar with every drink imaginable.

Against the wall next to the Bar was a fancy switchboard with switches on it. There were stickers above each button. Some switches were for the lights of the bar, a stereo in the bar, and lights for the pool and so on.

A smile broke out on my face when I looked longingly at the pool. It's been so long since I just got into a pool, relaxed and swam around. The hot day had covered me in perspiration and I longed for a cool dip.

The pool had a walk-in side where you literally had to walk into the pool, which I thought was cool. Hopefully, I'd have a reason to use it. In front of the pool was a wooden Swing Set Table.

Looking at the remote key I pressed one of the right side buttons that had a small car was drawn on and the ground moved. It was a popup garage filled with cars.

I couldn't tell you how big it was but there was a red Audi A8, black Lamborghini and a black American Muscle car with it was a black R1000 Suzuki, and a purple Ninja.

I press the button again and the popup garage went back into the ground. I walked to the left side of the house, following a brick tiled footpath which led to the back of the house where I found a Mini-Golf course with a Golf cart that registration plate said 'Aksakor' in black bold letters.

Following the rest of the brick path, it led to a hammock that hung from 2 palm trees next to a tiny fish pond with small goldfish in. Next to the hammock was a fire pit.

Five meters away from where I was standing there was a scenic backyard rain shower that was surrounded by hedges so that you could not see if someone was showering there.

I walked back to where I saw the golf cart feeling too lazy to walk I jumped in and skilfully drove to my front door.

There were white stairs with black railings that lead up to the beautiful wooden door that would lead me into my house. Coming to a standstill in front of the door it was quickly opened before I could make a move to open it.

There was a smartly dressed butler in the usual butler outfit. He spoke in a deep raspy voice with a thick accent, "Good evening miss Aksakor. Please follow me."

Before I could reply he was already walking away, leading the way for me to follow. Willingly I followed the butler that didn't give me his name. Next to the left side stairs stood a row of people in a straight line.