♤-Chapter 33-♤

"If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time." --Steve Jobs

Chapter 33: You look like a Monkey

2101 Woodpine Road, Clear View Point

The weekend after our visit to the Museum came and went quickly. All I did when the new week started was go to school, attend classes very unwillingly, greedily ate my Smash burger at lunch, spent time with Olivia and tried impossibly hard to not walk into Nikolai.

Olivia had gotten suspicious about the whole ordeal. She told me about the tension she was getting from him and the fact that I was ignoring him.

I know it was just a kiss, but it was a kiss for no reason. It wasn't a dare, we weren't drunk and there was no manipulation apart of it. Why would he kiss me? And most of all why did it bother me this much?

What made this all worse was that he hadn't called or texted; not that I would have answered or anything and he didn't show up on Saturday like I hoped he would. We needed to finish this project soon, very soon.

It was really weird because this was so unlike me. I never gave a fuck about other people or anything but here I was hoping Nikolai didn't do it just to shut me up. It wasn't like I was talking at that moment so maybe it was because there might be just a tingle of feelings.

Maybe ...nope, no, never, not happening... I reconsidered my thoughts. I have no emotion and don't give a fuck. Yes, great pep talk Tatiana. Now re-say that sentence about a thousand times and try to believe it.

My feeling made me what to punch something or rather someone, but I had rules to follow. Mafia rules, even though I was busy with something that had nothing to do with the Mafia.

Silva may be in the Mafia but he had sworn to never hurt or let any members hurt anyone if they didn't deserve it and if they didn't work with us.

Some people say that it makes him weak but no it makes him a Human with a dark side. He was kind which made things worse if you pissed him off.

At the end of the day, I was overjoyed that I was finally home. I did the minimum amount of homework and then took a nap. You could say as of recently I was very lazy.

I woke up and stretched. My back and neck pop and I feel the stiffness from sleep leave my body. I was way too lazy to stand up so I looked at the clock to see that it was already 06:33 pm.

I sighed in disappointment. I quickly got up and lazily walked to my bathroom. Washed my face and sighed again in laziness. I quickly got undressed from the clothes I wore to school and jumped into the shower to wash my hair.

I put on the apple flavor shampoo on and scrubbed my head. I washed it off and put the conditioner on.

While I let that soak into my hair I shaved my legs and armpits, and then washed my body with apple scent shower gel. After that, I washed the conditioner out.

I turned the hot water tap to the cold water side. I shivered when the cold water rushed over my body, waking me fully up with its freshness.

I got out of the shower and started wrapping a towel around me when I heard a knock at my room door. I walked out of the bathroom and to the door. There was another set of knocks so I opened.

"Uhm hey," Nikolai said staring down at my legs. I cleared my throat and his eyes slowly moved to mine. He smirked at my raised eyebrow. I quickly pulled the end of the towel on my hair over my shoulder. The towel now covering the bullet hole in my shoulder.

I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that is was 07:00 pm. I looked back at Nikolai and sighed "What are you doing here?" He smirked and while looking at my legs he said: "You've been avoiding me and we need to finish this project."

I glared at him and said, "So you stop at my house after its dark outside? And who let you in?" He grinned and nodded "Well, you didn't talk to me so how was I supposed to tell you when we would meet and it was that butler with the accent."

Raising my eyebrow he said, "I thought the quicker we get it done the quicker I can get out of here..." He stops looking back down at my legs "But, now I think I'd like to stay."

I rolled my eyes and walked to my closet to get my PJ's. "Well, I'm going to dress in my pajamas then escort you out. You can stop by tomorrow morning. I'm not going to school so it would be better to do it tomorrow." He grinned and then nodded.

After I escorted Nikolai out he drove away and couldn't wait to get in my bed. It was weird seeing him acting as nothing happened between us. But maybe this was for the best. I don't want things between us to change.

The next morning I was awoken by one of the maids knocking on my door before entering

The next morning I was awoken by one of the maids knocking on my door before entering. She had a strong cup of coffee and breakfast on a bed tray, freshly made for me.

I smiled and thanked her before dinging in. "Oh before I forget Miss, a Mr. Moretti is waiting downstairs for you."

Why was he here so early? I nodded and said, "Just make him coffee or something I'll be down in half an hour." After breakfast, I just brushed my teeth and did my hair. I was thankful for the shower I took last night or he would have waited a lot longer than half an hour.

I choose a pair of skinny blue jeans and a turquoise shirt. I walk to my shoes and choose a pair of black secret socks and brown hill boots. I walked to the accessories where I took a brown knitted beanie and a gold cross necklace.

I got dressed in the closet before walking out of the room to the living room where Nikolai was sitting and waiting for me. He had a glass of what I presume to be orange juice in his hand.

I nodded my head to the study and he followed me into the room. While I took the seat behind the table he took a seat close to the window.

"Great view you have here." Nikolai looked up at me and smirked. "This looks like a meeting with you sitting there!" He pointed to where I was sitting causing me to chuckle. Without getting a reply from me, he started talking again. "Yeah, well let's get started then."

I turned my PC on and waited for it to load. "So how are we going to do this?" I asked and Nikolai raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know I never worked with a partner I usually get some nerd to do my projects." I sighed and rolled my eyes at him. Of course, he was a slacker.

"Fine, I'll search on the internet to see if there is something we haven't gotten yet and you type. We'll work it into a project after we got the info." He nodded and I went on to the internet.

"Okay here we go, I read and you say 'check' if we have it. Date of attack: 7 December 1941, Location: Primarily Pearl Harbour, Hawaii Territory, U.S."

After everything he said check and so that was what we did for the next 2 hours. I would search for enough info and he would type it.

Copyright © 2018 by Grace Write