Chapter 5: Heart of Darkness

'Every town has one. The spooky house that all the kids avoid. Ours was Thornhill, the Blossom family's mansion, with its very own graveyard. And trapped within its walls like some gothic heroine, was Cheryl Blossom. Still grieving for her beloved brother, Jason. Linked in death even as they were in life.'

In the Andrews house all you could hear was Archie Andrews punching his punching bag. And that was angering the tired Andrews twin.

Annabelle Andrews was tried. Ever night she's been having weird dreams about Jason's death, nightmares. They make her wake up screaming.

Although she had nightmares, all Anna wanted do for the past couple days was sleep. She was nervous for Jason's funeral. When she goes she'll know it's real. She'll knows he's actually gone.

Angry The younger Andrews walks into her brothers room just as her father did. "Hey, Rocky."

"Hey." Archie says back to his dad before continuing to punch the punching bag.

"You know, I never thought I'd say that I miss you playing guitar, but....." Fred tells his son.

"Sorry, Dad. Just trying to get back in fighting shape for the field."Archie said continuing to punch his punching bag making Anna want to punch him like he's the punching bag.

"So this is all for football?" Fred questioned his son.

"Coach Clayton's about to set the starting lineup, name a new captain. It's like you said football gets me a scholarship, which gets me to college, where I can study music. Captains get scholarships." Archie tells his dad who walks away from him.

Archie punches the bag again and again making Anna lose it. "Punch that fucking bag one more time and you're gonna have a blackeye for a week." Anna yells at her brother. "Some of us want to sleep not freaking punch a bag till freaking four in the morning."

Archie sighs stopping "Fine." he said taking his gloves off. Annabelle watches him suspiciously before walking back to her room.

The only reason that Archie stopped was because he knew that his sister was freaking out about Jason's funeral.

The day at school went normal until it got to lunch the group sat together except Annabelle was missing.

"Betty, you're positively radiating Nicholas Sparks. Tell me everything about this Trev." Veronica tells Betty as they all sit by Archie.

"Oh there's nothing to tell. Just one of Betty's sources, there's nothing romantic in the offering." Kevin tells Veronica.

"Why is everything weird here? Why can't a date just be a date?" Veronica asks the group. "What about you Archie? How's life in a PG world? PG. Post-Grundy. What, too soon?"

"Coach Clayton says I have a shot at being varsity captain. So I'm not thinking about anything else right now." Archie said as Jughead and Dallas were looking around for Annabelle.

"And you're back to being boring." Veronica said eating a French fry.

"Are you, maybe, throwing yourself into football as a way to avoid your feelings?" Betty asked Archie as Jughead ask.

"Where's Annabelle?" Jughead asked making Archie look around with everyone else.

"I haven't seen her since third period." Veronica said making Archie whisper 'crap' under his breath.