Chapter Fifty Nine

Chapter Fifty Nine
The Silver Light District - The Ward Residence (Kevin's Laboratory same day)

Kevin chewed on his bottom lip while he thought about his conversation with Acadia and Harmony:

"Harmony is a valued member of the Lawson family and Anthony's precious little sister," stated Acadia calmly.  "Her father is Darrius's and his deceased paramour Lovely."

"Deceased," repeated Kevin thoughtfully.  "The wife killed her," stated Kevin matter-of-factly.

"Suzanne didn't kill my mother," yelled Harmony as she jumped off the white metal table.  "My mother died after an attack from the Partisans during the Bloody Wars!"

"Really," drawled Kevin as he picked up a small light blue stone and held it up to the light.  "I remember both Suzanne and Lovely as if it were yesterday."

"You are liar," stormed Harmony with a glare.  "There has never been a mention of a Keith or Kenneth in the family."

"No mention of me," asked Kevin with narrowed eyes.

"Harmony," interrupted Acadia with a strained smile.  "I believe you should listen more carefully," Acadia walked over to Harmony and placed her hand firmly on shoulder.  Acadia looked deeply into Harmony's light gray eyes as she implored, "Listen again when he says his name."  Acadia shot a glare toward Kevin.

Kevin smacked his lips together before he performed a mock bow, "Kevin Jacob Lawson at your service."

"K-K-Kevin," repeated Harmony as she stared at Kevin with rounded eyes.  "You don't look like someone that could skin a badger cat with just a glance."

Kevin paused as he stared at Harmony before a small smile curved his lips upward.  "So you are not afraid of me?"

"No," responded Harmony with a confident shake of her head.  "My father told me you were a horrid man, that was known to dispatch your enemies violently but," Harmony turned to stare into Acadia's eyes fondly.  "Auntie Acadia told me you are the best cousin in the universe."

"Did she," smiled Kevin as he looked toward Acadia.

Acadia waved a hand and frowned, "I said no such thing."

"You did," frowned Harmony baffled by Acadia's slightly reddened cheeks.  "You also said you had wanted to marry him up until meeting Joshua."

Kevin tripped from around the desk he'd stood in front of with his hand extended.  "Oh dear Harmony I believe there is a lot for you to tell me," exclaimed Kevin excitedly.

"About auntie," asked Harmony.

"Yes and no," nodded Kevin with a devilish glint in his hazel green eyes.  "I definitely want to hear the stories Acadia told you about me but I also would like to find out more about your little friend."

"Lilith," asked Harmony with a frown.

"Yes," nodded Kevin while he clapped his hands.  "I can definitely see why Acadia would say you are a valued member of the family."

"Ah," sighed Harmony with a puzzled frowned.  "So if I didn't know anything about Lilith -."

"I'd kill you immediately," smiled Kevin before he turned to walk back to his desk.  "Now you both should run along I have things to do."  Kevin didn't wait for either woman to leave before he went back to reviewing charts on his handheld.  "Oh by the way, Harmony," called Kevin.  "Can I run a few experiments on you?"  Kevin heard Harmony moan and despair and smiled at the screen, "I'll take that as a yes.  I'll see you tomorrow at 09:00!"