Chapter Fifty Eight

Chapter Fifty Eight

The Silver Lights District - The Ward Residence (Kaelen's Bedroom)

Ruby angry gaze rested on the screen of her hand held as she watched Kaelen and Xara.  "He's never done that to me while standing up," pouted Ruby as she watched Kaelen head move aggressively between Xara's legs while his fingers dug into Xara's hips.

"I need to get rid of that baby and I need to get rid of her," whispered Ruby.  "But how," thought Ruby aloud as she watched Kaelen walk over to the bed and drop Xara to the bed with a bounce.  "It needs to look like an accident or something."

Ruby frowned while she watched Xara enthusiastically rip Kaelen's shirt off.  "She's so obedient and meek that it would definitely have to be sine type of freak accident.  I can't see her doing anything dangerous because she's too docile."  Ruby head tilted as she watched Xara kissed and licked down Kaelen's taunt stomach.  "I could poison him," thought Ruby out loud, "something that wouldn't affect him but would be deadly to her."

Ruby smirked, "I need to seem innocent so it can't be something that I outright do."  Ruby pressed her lips together while she watched Kaelen's hands entwine in Xara's shoulder length hair.  "She cut it," frowned Ruby as she watched Xara’s head bobbed up and down.

"Hmm," hummed Ruby thoughtfully.  She turned her device off and moved to the bathroom.  "But how to do it.  I need for him to think it was something he did."

Ruby quickly removed her clothes and stepped into the shower.   She picked up the liquid soap she liked to use, "I have an idea."

***

The Silver Lights District - Ward Residence (Kaelen's bedroom)

The next morning

Kaelen walked into his closet with a scowl, "I have to go on council business for the next few days.  I'll be back before the wedding."

"Oh," pouted Ruby as she followed behind Kaelen slowly.

"Because you don't fully understand Nah'Byian customs Jael Quin and Mia will finish setting up the wedding," continued Kaelen in clipped tones.

Ruby rolled her eyes as she watched Kaelen shrug into a white linen shirt.  "I'm sure my mother and I -."

"Your mother is dead, remember," drawled Kaelen in clipped tones.  "Your father informed you of it this morning."

"Ah yes," frowned Ruby, "the accident at the surgeons."

"Yeah, the accident." replied Kaelen distractedly.  Kaelen turned to look pass Ruby while he grabbed a pair of black boots, "While I'm away I thought it would be more productive of your time to start looking for a residence in the Gold District."

"We are moving to the Gold District," asked Ruby excitedly.

Kaelen pursed his lips and shook his head, "No you are moving to the Gold District."  Kaelen walked past Ruby back into the bedroom, "You have made your distaste for this house clear and so I thought it would please you -."

"And where exactly would you live," snapped Ruby.

Kaelen sighed while he shrugged his shoulders, "I would remain here in my home."

"No! I will not accept this," snapped Ruby as she glared at Kaelen.  "Not in a million years would this be considered okay even on Ah'Tarian.  Husband and wife live together!"

Kaelen turned to stare blankly at Ruby, "But if I remember correctly that is what you said you wanted to do."

"That was before I realized you'd be here playing house with your paramour," screeched Ruby angrily.  "I will not stand for this Kaelen Ward!"