peter parker | five years

[ !! contains endgame spoilers !! enjoy :) ]

5 years. 5 years without him. you were alone, your whole family had been dusted in the snap and the only other person who was still there with you was Steve.

he never left your side as you both tried to figure out how to move on. steve has always been a father figure to you, much like tony was to peter.

he helped you deal with peter's death. always checking up on you, making sure you were never alone. you appreciated his effort, but, peter's death left a big hole in your heart. one that you weren't sure would heal.

you were standing by steve, fellow avengers spread out as you looked up at thanos. he was getting back up to fight.

steve wasn't looking too good, he looked pretty beat up. you weren't sure how much longer he could hold thanos, as some of the other team members were down.

you were worried about steve, you didn't want him to die, after all, you had already lost everything. his death would just be the icing on the cake.

steve looked up at thanos with a hardened look as he prepared to fight him, despite how tired he may have felt.

but before he could do anything, sam's voice erupted from the small radio strapped to steve, "on your left," he said. you could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

your eyebrows furrowed as you and steve glanced at each other in confusion and shock. you both turned around to see little portals opening, and the dusted heroes finally coming through.

your heart sped up. was peter among those heroes? was he really alive? you swallowed as a huge smile formed on your face.

steve turned to you, smiling. "looks like we're not alone anymore, kid."

you smiled, and before you could do anything, a soft, quirky, familiar voice sounded your ears, "(y/n)?"

you turned back around to see him. "p-peter?" you asked with tears clouding your vision.

he looked at you in awe as he walked closer to you, "is it really you?" you asked him.

he nodded, finally getting to you. he held your face in his hands as he stared into your eyes desperately. "i- i missed you so much," he said.

you held onto him tightly, as if he'd fly away if you didn't. "i missed you too," you cried, pulling him into a tight hug.

"i love you so much," he choked out, holding you tighter.

"i love you," you sniffed. "i can't believe this is really happening. i've waited and tried for 5 years to get you back, and here you are. i- i-" you stuttered, as he pulled away slightly to look at you.

"shhh," he interrupted. "i'm here now, and i'm never leaving again."

you smiled as he leaned in and kissed you passionately. you missed him; his smile, his nerdy quirks, his big brown eyes. you finally had him back and there was no way he was getting out of your grasp now.

***

thanks for reading guys! hope you enjoyed :)

who should i do next? i was maybe thinking thor but i'm not sure, let me know!