peter parker | mistake

You stood there, inhaling a deep breath as you took in what just happened.

Peter, your boyfriend, stood there with the Spiderman suit on, with his mask in his hand.

He had just fought the lizard and won, but what he didn't realize when the lizard took his mask off, you were there.

"You're spiderman?" You asked quietly.

He shifted from one foot to the other, looking at the ground and then back up at you. "Yes." He whispered, as a drop of blood slipped from a gash on his cheek.

"How- how could you? Why didn't you tell me?" You asked, feeling betrayed, confused and angry all the same.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know what else to do. I couldn't risk your safety." He said, desperately as his eyes drifted back to the ground.

You shook your head, "I'm your girlfriend, Peter." You paused. "Let me just ask you one question." Your voice was stern as tears were prickling your eyes.

He looked up, "Did you ever plan on telling me?"

Your eyes were searching his, he shook his head. "No- at least not right now. I was afraid at how you'd react." He spoke after a minute of silence.

You nodded, and took a step back. Looking down, you said. "I thought I could trust you, Peter. But I guess you're just like all of the other guys- a liar and someone who only cares about themselves."

"(Y/N) please," Peter begged with tears in his eyes, they threatened to spill out. "I love you- please don't go! I made a mistake!" He cried out.

Tears began to spill out of your eyes as well, "You did make a mistake." You said sternly, before forcing yourself to turn and walk away.

You could hear Peter cry out your name in the distance but it didn't matter. You were not going to turn around.

More and more tears came flooding down your cheeks, as you buried your face in your pillow once you got home.

You loved Peter. You really loved him, but he lied. You couldn't trust him after keeping a secret like this from you. Especially since he was most-likely never going to plan on telling you anyways.

Eventually, you cried yourself to sleep, as the skin on your cheeks grew tight with the dried-up tears.

It was going to take a long time to get over him. You knew it.

-

It had been about a month after you had broken up with Peter. You still missed him everyday. Especially, after seeing him on every news channel every morning.

You got pretty tired of hearing Spiderman though, after twenty times on the tv or even when you were simply walking to a café for coffee.

"Thanks." You smiled at the barista after she gave you your coffee for the day.

It was a beautiful day out and you decided it would be a nice day to go for a walk around the Big Apple.

Sighing happily, you took a sip of your vanilla coffee as the sun warmed your face from the bitter cold air.

Eventually, you found yourself walking over to Central Park. There were kids playing with their pets, and some men and women going for their morning jogs.

You took a seat on a bench that was in front of the water. Nobody was really around you so it was nice and quiet.

The cold wind brushed your face as you buried your face further into your jacket.

"(Y/N)?" An all-too familiar voice asked from behind you.

"Peter." You said as you looked behind your shoulder to see his tall figure.

He moved around the bench and sat beside you. "Is it alright if I sit here?" He asked politely.

You nodded, "Sure." You smiled for a quick second, before you returned your gaze to the water.

He shifted in his seat, "The water is beautiful." He said, trying to make up conversation.

"Why are you here Peter?" You asked, a little too snappy. His eyes went wide for a second from your tone, but returned to normal.

"I thought we broke up." You egged.

He looked down at his hands, "Look, (Y/N). I never got a chance to explain why I never told you." He said, looking into your eyes.

Gosh, you missed him so much.

"Then explain."

He breathed out, "I never told you because I didn't want anyone to hurt you. If the men I fought ever knew I was Spiderman they would do anything to hurt me, by hurting the people I love. They would start off with you."

You looked into his eyes, sadly. "Peter I'm so sorry I hurt you. For not letting you explain."

"No, no. It's okay. I understand." He said, smiling lightly.

You hugged him tightly, to his surprise. He hugged you back tightly.

"I love you Peter." You said, feeling finally happy again.

"I love you too (Y/N). Always." He smiled.

*
*
*
hey guys.

I haven't wrote a Peter imagine in awhile. I really liked writing this, so I hope you guys liked reading this!

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow

Ly all xx