bucky barnes | late

You sat in your living room, slouched over the couch flicking through the channels on your tv.

It was almost two in the morning and your eyelids were beginning to grow heavy but you couldn't sleep. Not until Bucky got home at least.

Bucky had been gone on a mission for a couple of days and he was supposed to be coming back soon which made you anxious to see him. You were definitely missing his beautiful face and you couldn't help it.

You stood up from your comfortable position on the couch toward the kitchen to grab yourself another cup of coffee.

Bucky was supposed to be home a half hour ago. You didn't know if he just got stuck in traffic or got held up at SHIELD. You were hoping his tardiness was not because of something too serious.

You sat back on your couch and left the tv on some random movie that was playing as you cuddled up with a blanket. You checked your watch, seeing it was already soon to be an hour that he was supposed to be home and you sat up.

Worry rushing over you like a current. Did anything happen to him? Why was he so late? All these questions ran through your mind and took somersaults in your stomach before your thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock at your front door.

You immediately walked over to it and swung it wide open to reveal a badly beaten Bucky.

His cheeks looked rough and a tad bit bloody as well as a few little bandages covering up the gashes on his skin. Purple bruising covered his eyes too.

Your heart ached seeing him look this hurt and beat up. It made you just want to hug him and kiss all of his physical pain away.

"Hi, I'm sorry I'm late I had to get my uh," He scratched the back of his neck. "face fixed." He finished, gesturing to the little bandages on his forehead.

Without notice, you ran into his arms and hugged him tightly. Your face buried into his chest as you spoke frantically. "Buck, you scared me so bad. I thought something had happened on the mission. Thank gosh you're okay."

"I'm sorry." He whispered as he hugged you tightly with his face buried into your neck.

"I can't lose you. I wouldn't be able to handle it." You continued, still hugging him.

"You never will. I'm sorry I made you so worried, I should've called. It was stupid of me not to-" He said.

"Bucky, it's okay. I'm just glad your here, alive and well- leaving out your face though," You winced. "Does it hurt?"

"Nah, it's all good. Just seeing you seems to numb the pain away." He smiled at you, his blackened eyes gleaming.

"Oh Bucky." You gushed, leaning in to give him a kiss as your heart melted at his words.

"I've missed this." He whispered into the kiss.

"Me too," You agreed. "I love you."

"I love you too," He smiled, pulling away and leaning his forehead against yours. "I'm glad to be home."

"I'm glad too." You chimed, smiling widely.

*
*
*

Hey guys! Wow, I'm finally back with a new update! Thank you guys for all the support you guys gave me on my last a/n!

Your support means everything to me, especially when I've been going through a stressful couple of weeks so thank you for staying cool with the lack of updates. You guys are awesome.

ALSO, holy guacamole I have 297k views on this book? I'm literally so close to 300k & it's obviously all thank to you wonderful peeps!

You guys make writing so fun for me and I just want to thank you guys for that! This book would be nothing without you guys!

I'm thinking of changing the cover for this book, still running some ideas through my mind though so that should be interesting. lol.

I'm sorry if this update was boring? I found this cute idea off of google and I don't know if I just ruined it? Yikes I hope not..

Anyways- I'm gonna stop taking now haha. Hope you enjoyed this update and I'll be back with some more hopefully very soon!

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow

Ly all xx