steve rogers | old friends

"ugh i cant believe you set this blind date up on Valentine's Day, of all the days." you huffed to Natasha who was just sitting a mere foot away from you as she scanned your collection of lipsticks and eye shadows.

"what's wrong with doing this on Valentine's day?" Nat asked, not bothering to look up.

"it's just that, i don't know.. this holiday is for couples not really people meeting for the first time?" you explained as you struggled with pulling the zipper up on your dress.

"here, let me," Nat interjected once she saw you struggling as she pulled your zipper all the way up. "well, it's not that big of a deal. don't worry! you'll be fine." she smiled, with some kind of knowing look but you were too nervous to figure out what she was up to, so you just dismissed it.

you turned around to face her, "yeah.. i'm just nervous is all. i haven't been on a date since— you know."

Nat rolled her eyes as she started applying a dark red colour on your lips, "Logan was a jerk. but this guy that you're going out with.. he is such a gentleman and very attractive, might i add. you'll like him, i know it. you already do." she whispered the last part so that only she could hear.

"geez, since you have so much to gush about the guy why aren't you going out with him?" you smirked after she had finished applying the lipstick.

yet again she rolled her eyes, before you could say anything else, there was a knock at the door. "ooh he's here!" Nat yelped as she gave you a little nudge toward the door.

you took a deep breath as you stood behind the door and swallowed before opening up the door with a smile before it faltered when you saw who it was.

"uh- Steve. h-hi." you said, nervously.

"hey (y/n)." he said, giving you a smile.

"so, did you know it was me you were going out with?" you asked him.

"well i figured once Nat told me she had the perfect girl for me— could only be you, right?" he flirted.

your face flushed red as you looked down at your feet, "come in. i just have to grab my bag and then we can go." you said as you moved to the side to let him in.

he stepped into your apartment and waited for you as you grabbed your purse.

once you had gotten it, Steve led you to his car and opened the passenger side door for you like a gentleman.

for the date, you guys went out for dinner at a very beautiful, higher class restaurant and then you went out for a little night stroll on the shore.

the night was going perfect so far and you were glad Nat set you up with Steve.

see, you have loved Steve for as long as you could remember. it was just never the right time for the two of you. it was that he was either dating sharon or you were dating logan or some other person. you two just kept missing each other, as sad as it was. you just weren't, and still are, sure if he loved you back so you never bothered to act upon your feelings.

"so if you figured it was going to be me Nat set you up with tonight, why'd you say yes?" you asked him as your feet sauntered through the wet sand. the warm waves clashed into your ankles as you held your matte black heels in one hand and Steve held your other.

he looked down at you from his left shoulder as the two of you stared into each other's eyes. "I guess it's just because it's felt like we always miss each other.. you're with logan, or i'm with sharon.. we both are finally on the same page and i had to grab at the opportunity or else i knew i would always regret it. i've always loved you, (y/n), and i'll never stop."

you were left speechless at his words, you certainly weren't expecting him to say that. your heart tinged in your chest with an indescribable feeling of love, and loss at the same time.

after years of constantly missing each other, and it never being the right time, you were finally on the same page at the same time.

you stopped walking which made him stop as the two of you just stood there for a split second staring at each other. the stars in his mesmerizing, ocean blue eyes were adorned with love and affection for you.

your knees felt weak at the intensity of his stare and before you could even think of what to do, you smashed your lips onto his.

his hands went around your waist as yours ended up around his neck. you ran your hand softly through his golden hair as you sighed softly.

he deepened the kiss before you pulled away slightly to catch your breath. "i love you too, Steve." you whispered which made him send you the goofiest grin.

your heart beat loudly in your chest as you felt butterflies fluttering around your stomach. "can i take you home?" he asked you innocently.

"not yet, i just want to stay like this for just a while longer.. is that okay?" you whispered, placing soft kisses on his nose, jaw and cheek.

"i was hoping you'd say that." he whispered, before capturing your lips once more.

*
*
*

hey guys! wow it feels like forever since i last updated:(

i'm so sorry this is really late! and yes— i know valentine's day was a couple weeks ago buut i really wanted to write a v-day themed imagine.

i haven't updated in awhile because i had exams a couple weeks ago, i've been busy on my editing account (vintzges on instagram, you should check it out!;)), i've been trying to get in the groove of my new classes and i'm getting a job soon also.

i hope you guys understand, and i'll be updating more frequent hopefully :)

but on another note,, i just realized how close i am to 700k reads on this book!! oh my gosh that's incredible! thank you all for all of the support you guys send my way, it all means the world to me and so much more xx

don't forget to vote/comment/follow!

ly all xx