peter parker | never be [1]

It was Friday morning and you were currently emptying the contents of your backpack into your locker. You sighed as you looked up at the digital clock dangling from the roof that read 8:28am. 17 minutes exactly until your day began and starting it with science class first.

Oh, the joys of learning the different phases of mitosis and cell cycles.. Although you hated the class, you still had an eighty average and that was good enough for you.

Before you could turn around and shut your locker, there stood Peter Parker. You let out a loud shriek as your body jerked back and you hit your head against your locker door that was still open.

"Ugh," You groaned, rubbing the back of your head as you pouted at Peter. "Why must you always sneak up on me like that? You know i'm a very jittery person."

He smirked, "Yeah, I am fully aware." He said knowingly.

You rolled your eyes playfully at him before fully shutting and locking your locker door. "I'm sorry though, are you okay?" He asked, with genuine eyes.

His eyes seemed to get lost in the depths of yours as you both stood there, quite seemingly close to each other. A cherry red blush crept across your cheeks as you didn't dare to swallow in the intensity of the moment.

"Y-yeah." You whispered with a barely audible voice but Peter had heard you just fine.

It seemed like he was attempting to move closer to your lips, as your heart began beating faster than ever. Your hands became clammy and your face was flushed.

Gladly, nobody was in the hall. Seeing as it was a very unpopular hall that rarely anyone ever went through except to get into the science class that you had. Sketchy, right?

See, you have always loved Peter Parker despite being best friends with the superhero since fourth grade. You two were two peas in a pod and never went anywhere without the other by your side. But recently, some things were feeling off..

You realized your heart would beat faster when he appeared in a room, or every compliment he would send your way had you a stuttering mess. Any time his hand would ever nonchalantly glide over yours, and would make you as red as his suit.

You didn't realize how much feelings you had for him before you started experiencing those things. You never suspected that Peter would ever love you in a way that wasn't pure friendship though.

Like, c'mon. There were so many other girls at Midtown High that were prettier than you, smarter than you. Had the brightest smiles accompanied with the loudest laughs that sounded like pure music compared to yours. They could pull off just about any article of clothing and look amazing even on their worst of days.

You could not even compare to those girls, nor would you ever try.

Peter was now a mere inch away from your face before he suddenly re-opened the large gap between you two. He cleared his throat and looked down, all the while reaching his left hand up to scratch his neck nervously.

"I-i'm sorry, (y/n).. I- I can't." He looked away in shame.

You stepped forward, reaching a hand out to touch his wrist, "Why can't you Peter?" You asked, trying to catch his eyes.

"Because I love someone else." He said, finally meeting your eyes but only for a split second.

You couldn't believe the words that had escaped his mouth, i love someone else. You retreated your hand back to the books in your arms as you felt tears sting your eyes and your heart grow suddenly heavy.

Of course Peter didn't love you back, I mean didn't you really expect it though? You were the bottom of the barrel compared to the other girl that had Peters heart. You never stood a chance and you didn't know why you ever thought you could.

"O-oh," You stuttered, not knowing what to say, except that you were absolutely heartbroken. You felt as if your heart shattered on to the floor and Peter just kept stomping on the pieces. "I-it's okay.. I s-should get to class now."

"(y/n), I'm sorry." He said, reaching out to touch you but you flinched away.

"I'm fine. See you later." You finished, giving him the smallest yet most fake smile you could possibly ever muster up in a moment like that. You turned around and walked into your first period class without a single glance back. Peter still stood in the hallway, watching you leave as his heart stung in his chest and the bell signalling class roared.

Peter loved you, but you would never ever know. Being Spider-man and having you involved in his life that way was dangerous, and he was not willing to put you in any kind of danger.

He felt so wrong lying to you, but he knew it was for the best. His duty as Spider-man is to keep the people of New York safe and alive and he was not about to ruin that.

You sat down in your seat in class, quickly wiping away the fallen tears from your cheeks before you would get any questions. Class soon began and you immediately zoned out, feeling the emptiness and stupidity of your thoughts.

*
*
*
hey guys! yay, i updated again and quicker haha ❤️

this imagine is very angsty because it's kinda like a vent writing or chapter (?) if that even makes sense lol. i'm basically just letting any sadness i have out onto this chapter and the next part so i'll feel better tbh.

**THIS CHAPTER'S STORYLINE WAS INSPIRED BY @mixed-fanfiction, you should definitely check out her peter parker imagines, they're amazing!

and before i get any questions— yes. yes there will be a part two to this and there will be answers and a happy ending... hopefully. lol, nah i'm just kidding!

also,, you guys should totally check out this new amazing writer @zlajas ! they wrote a new marvel headcanons story and you should definitely check them out ;)

don't forget to vote/comment/follow!

ly all xx