clint barton | christmas eve run-in

Finally. The Christmas season was upon you and you were ready for that two week break from college.

Don't get me wrong, you love college but it's just so much stress and frustration at times. It's nice to have a break once in awhile.

You went home for the holidays, it's been fun being able to be with your family and being able to catch up after a long period time of not seeing each other.

"Hey hunny," Your mom called you from the kitchen.

It was Christmas Eve and you were having some of your family come over for dinner. Your sister was helping set the table as your brother just sat in front of the tv yelling incoherent words at the characters. It was quite funny to watch actually.

"Yeah mom?" You asked, walking into the kitchen.

"I know you just got home but I forgot to buy the ham. The grocery store down the street is still open for another thirty minutes if you can make it on time." She said, her voice sounded a bit pleading.

"Of course ma,' don't worry about it. I'll go get it." You reassured.

"Thank you sweetie, you're the best," She gushed. "There's some money in my wallet for the ham."

You waved her off, "It's on me," you grabbed your shoes and slipped them on. "I'll be back."

You walked into the store, immediately the warm air hit you replacing the bitter outdoor wind. Snow was scattered everywhere, it truly was a sight.

Looking around you grabbed a small little basket to put the ham in as you walked to the meats section.

Only a couple people roamed the store, it wasn't busy at all but that was understandable. It was Christmas Eve, nobody would really be out still shopping. Oops.

Once you grabbed the ham and placed it in your basket you began to walk to the cashier.

As you walked past an aisle a man, who looked to be in his late twenties ran out of the aisle, his back facing you.

Before you could say holy Christmas, he ran right into you. You both fell back and the man had all of his items scattered across the tiled floor.

You groaned as the man stood up. "I'm so sorry!" He apologized, offering you a hand up.

You took his hand and shrugged, "It's okay. Just watch where you're going next time, ya know?"

"Yeah, of course." He chuckled as you both bent down and picked up his groceries.

"Late Christmas dinner shopping?" You chuckle, looking at all his items.

"Yeah, it's been a little hectic for me this year with gift shopping and all that." He explains.

"Same here." You chuckle as you hand him his food items.

"Thank you," He paused and that's when you noticed how handsome he actually was. With his sparkling blue eyes and his bright smile. "I'm Clint, Clint Barton."

You smile, "(Y/N), (Y/F/N)"

"Well it was nice to bump into you (Y/N)." He laughed and held out his hand for you to shake.

You laughed in response, "You too Clint." You gladly took his hand and shook it.

"Merry Christmas, call me sometime." He winked and walked away to a register.

"Merry Christmas." You smiled before looking down at your hand and seeing a small piece of paper with a phone number scribbled down onto it.

Smooth. Real smooth Clint Barton.

*
*
*

First off- hey, hi, hello! Haven't updated since november sixth?!? Wow, I am so sorry!

Hope you guys enjoyed this Clint and Christmas themed imagine! Christmas is right around the corner so why not get into the spirit early? Lol.

I'm almost at 10k votes, thank you all so much for your continuous support on this book! You guys mean so much to me.

**Disclaimer; Clint is younger in this imagine. I don't actually think he's in his twenties. Lol.

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow!

Ly all xx