peter parker | different person

[ peter! venom (symbiote) x reader imagine ]

The wind blew through your long (y/h/c) locks as you stood, leaning against your car. It was a cool autumn day as the crunchy, fiery coloured leaves whirred past your shoes on the concrete.

You were currently waiting for Peter as you were his ride home. You didn't know why he was so late though, usually he was on time.

"I'm here. Let's go." Peter's voice spoke up from behind you suddenly as you whipped your head over your left shoulder to see him. He didn't look happy, and his hair was styled differently; definitely not something Peter would do.

You hadn't seen him all day so his appearance was pretty shocking to you. "Peter?" You asked, more than stated.

"What? Are you not going to unlock the door?" He asked in aggravation.

You stared at him in utter bewilderment, "Are you okay?"

"Fine." He said, as you unlocked the car and he got in.

On your way home, you continued to steal quick glances at him. He remained tense as he stared out the window, with his jaw clenched.

"Peter, I don't know what's wrong with you. Did something happen today?" You asked, feeing genuinely concerned for him.

"(Y/n). I said I was fine. Can we just leave it at that?" He still didn't look at you.

"No, we can't! Peter, what has gotten into you? You were fine yesterday and now all of a sudden you're blowing me off? Why-"

"Are you done?" He asked, rolling his eyes.

You scoffed and slammed on the brakes of your car. "Get out." You demanded, your blood boiling as you refused to look at him.

"I still have another ten blocks though—" He protested before you cut him off.

"Are you done?" You asked, finally looking at him and giving him a deadpanned look.

"Whatever. You don't need to be such a bit—" He said.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Pete? I'm trying to help you with whatever is going on with you, can't you see that?"

"How about you just leave me alone? I mean, all you do is smother me. Haven't you heard of personal space?" He asked.

"Wow, Peter. You did not just say that. I ask you what's wrong so that I can help you, you jerk!" You said in disbelief.

"Well, I did. Get over it. Man, you're so sensitive." He shook his head.

"And you're so insensitive. Just get out of my car before I throw you out." You demanded again, tears beginning to roll down your face but you refused to look over at him to let him see.

"Whatever." He scoffed and grabbed his bag before getting out of your car and not forgetting to slam the door once he was out.

You immediately pressed on the gas and continued driving to your place. You didn't get why Peter was being so mean to you. After all, you are his best friend, why would he try to hurt you?

He was fine yesterday and now all of a sudden it was like he was this different person? You just decided that you would give him some space, not only because you were infuriated with him, but because he was obviously not being himself and was not wanting to talk. So, you left it be.

Two weeks had passed since that day, you were missing Peter like crazy, even if you were still angry with him. The two of you hadn't spoken in awhile and it seemed like he was still upset with you. You didn't know why though. Was it the car thing maybe?