bucky barnes | gone [pt 2]

A mere week had passed since your reunion with the super soldier and Bucky could not stop thinking about it.

He thought of every possible reason of how or why you could be alive but he still couldn't wrap his head around it.

"I don't get it Steve." Bucky continued, pacing the large room the two were currently in. Steve was sitting at the long table in the room as he watched his friend pace.

"I don't either, Buck. Maybe they had an inside man?" He suggested.

Bucky shrugged, "I don't know.. SHIELD had her body locked up and guarded. There is no way someone could have just taken her dead body and disappeared with it while nobody even knew her body was gone.."

"Well maybe the person replaced her body with another. Hydra does have that tech available to them, they could have easily replicated (y/n)'s body; her prints, facial scans, DNA and replaced it with her actual body?"

Bucky stopped pacing and looked up at Steve, "I need to find her, bring her back here and help her, somehow. I will find a way, I won't give up Steve. She's my wife.. I already lost her once, I can't do it all over again." He said sadly as Steve stood up from his seat and walked over to Bucky.

"I'm not going anywhere, Buck, and neither is she. We'll bring her back soon." Steve spoke and put his hand on Bucky's shoulder.

Before Bucky could do anything, the door to the room opened and in walked Fury. Bucky turned around to face him as Steve already was.

"We've found Agent (y/n)'s current location. To get to her, you guys will have to go right now. Agent Hill is sending you both her current location now and backup will be on their way as soon as you get there." He said.

Bucky looked at Steve as he looked back at him, "You ready?"

Bucky nodded, "Let's get my wife back."

The two had just arrived to the location that (y/n) was currently at. They hid behind a tree as Steve observed her and what she was doing.

"It looks like she's buying illegal weaponry," Steve whispered as he looked around. "The place is littered with Hydra agents."

"Well I figured." Bucky said sarcastically.

Steve glared down at a crouching Bucky behind him, "Really? Now is not the time to be sarcastic."

"Well it's also not the time to get distracted but here you are." Bucky answered as he kept a watch behind Steve.

Steve rolled his eyes as he looked back up at you and the several agents guarding the warehouse you were currently in.

"How about you take the guards from the south side and I'll take the north. Then we'll meet up and by then backup will be there. How are we going to get her though? She obviously won't be compliant as she's shown us before." Steve said, rolling over the plan.

Bucky sighed, "I think I might have an idea."

Steve looked at his friend, "And what is it?"

"Well, I didn't tell you this before but when we last saw her she kind of had this look in her eyes.. I can't really describe it but it looked almost like hesitation." Bucky said.

"Are you sure it was hesitation, Buck? 'Cause it didn't look like hesitation when she electrocuted you in the neck and then swung her bat at your head like it was baseball." Steve said.

"Look, I know it sounds crazy but I know she's still in there. She's scared, that's why she isn't giving in to anything." Bucky explained.

Steve looked at Bucky for a moment longer almost as if he was deciding something before turning back to the warehouse. "I hope you're right, Buck; or else we're in serious trouble."