clint barton | flowers & the drive-in

Lying in your bed, you sighed and wiped away a little tear that had managed to fall down your cheek.

You had just failed your final exam of the year at Yale and you only had one chance left to graduate in order to become a lawyer.

"Hey sweetheart, how are you doing?" Clint asked quietly and sat down beside you, stroking your hair.

You shook your head no and put your face in his shoulder. "I can't believe I failed the exam. I worked so hard, stayed up all night." You whispered.

He sighed, "I know you did your best. But, I'll help you study for your re-test- and you'll pass that one. I know it." He smiled lightly.

You sat up and looked him in the eyes, "You will?"

"Of course sweetheart, you'll do great on your next exam. Trust me." He motivated.

You smiled and wiped away the new, wet tears that had formed on your cheeks. "Thank you Clint." You smiled:

"You're welcome." He said, giving you a kiss on the lips.

"Now, we first start with taking a break from your studies," He paused, taking one of the open textbooks on your bedside table and closing it, putting it to the side. "Taking a little break will help you relieve the stress."

You nodded, "Okay, I guess," You sighed and closed the rest of the your textbooks, pushing them off to the side. "What should we do?"

"Date night." Clint said, smiling. "We haven't been on one in awhile- thanks to your schooling." He sighed lightly.

You nodded, "Sounds good to me." You smiled.

"Great, go get on something nice and meet me in the living room." He said, before pressing his lips to yours before he left your room.

"Alright." You smiled, going through your dresses and skirts in your closet.

After awhile of going through your closet, you picked out a nice, apple red dress that went to about your knees and hugged your body nicely with some black flats.

Your hair was down in curls. Smiling at yourself in the mirror, you walked out of your room to see Clint in blue jeans paired with a light blue button-up shirt with red roses in his hand, your favourite.

He looked at you wide-eyed and gasped lightly, "I know we've been together a year now and I've seen you in many dresses, but, every time I see you, you never fail to make me speechless." He whispered, looking into your eyes.

You blushed, "Clint," You gushed. "The flowers are beautiful." You thanked him as you took in the fresh scent of the beautiful, ruby-red roses.

He kissed your cheek the both of you walked out of your apartment and to his car.

"So where are we going now?" You asked, smiling, as you buckled yourself in his car.

"Now if I told you, that wouldn't be much of a surprise now, would it?" He smirked, giving you a knowing wink.

You rolled your eyes playfully and looked out the window, glancing over at Clint every once in awhile. Seeing how handsome and charming he was, how much he seemed to care about you.

You both finally got to the place you and Clint were going to have your date at. The drive-in. You loved the drive-in.

Turning to look over at Clint, you couldn't stop the huge smile that was forming across your lips. "You're taking me to the drive-in? I haven't been here in ages, oh this is amazing!" You exclaimed.

He smiled, "Well I knew you loved the drive-in so I brought you here to see your favourite movie- The Notebook."

"Clint, I love it!" You gushed, giving him a tight hug. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He whispered, pulling away. He grabbed a big, warm, comfy blanket and wrapped you up in it before grabbing some snacks that he bought earlier and passed them to you.

"Thanks Clint, this night has been perfect so far. I love you." You whispered warmly, kissing him.

"All for you, (Y/N)." Clint replied.

*
*
*
Hey, what's up, hello! :)

This imagine was requested by liliyg05 , hope you liked it!

I haven't done Clint in awhile.. Sorryy :S

Who would you guys like to see more of? Comment! :D

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow!

Ly all xx