steve rogers | betrayal (part 2)

It had been about a month since Shield had locked up the super soldier, and you still hadn't gone in to question him.

Quite frankly, you had no interest in doing so. You had nothing to say to him. He probably had lots to say to you but you were too devastated to even care what he had to say.

You were overwhelmed by thoughts and theories that you couldn't even sleep at night or eat, but you had so much adrenaline coursing through your body that you could stay awake twenty four hours for seven days straight.

Clint, your best friend, had told you to do whatever was best for yourself first. He told you to not rush yourself in this situation or blame yourself for it.

Even though for some bizarre reason, you thought you could have done something to have changed his mind about being apart of Hydra even though you didn't know all along.

You stood in the hallway of Shield HQ just pacing back and forth with your thumb tucked in between your teeth as you contemplated all your thoughts.

"Hey." A soft, yet sympathetic, voice called from behind you.

You turned around, instantly recognizing the person from their voice, "Hey."

"How are you holding up?" Clint asked with a sympathetic smile.

You shrugged with a sigh, "I don't know," You answered truthfully. "I just keep thinking that if I had known I could've done something." You trailed off.

"Hey, hey, hey," Clint hushed, as his palms found your shoulders and rubbed them soothingly. "Don't blame yourself for this. There's nothing you could've done, okay?"

You nodded slightly, "Are you gonna go in there?" You shrugged your shoulders again in response.

"Well, here's my advice," He started. "If you want to have a good night's sleep, then I'd go get some answers." He said with one last sympathetic smile and a gentle pat on your shoulder before he left you to make up your mind.

You contemplated what he said, soon deciding he was right. So with one last deep breath, you opened the large cell door and made your way into a small room that had a protective transparent barricade, that separated you and Steve.

As soon as he saw you he stood up from his spot on his small mattress. His stubble beginning to grow into a full on beard. "(Y/N)." He spoke softly.

You just looked at him, with an icy glare.

"I wondered if you were ever going to come down here," He egged on. "So that I could fully explain myself-"

"-and that'll make it better?" You asked. "No matter what you say or do, I will never give you sympathy."

"That's not what I want."

"Then what do you want from me?" You crossed your arms across your chest.

"To explain. Just please allow me that." He begged, as he stepped closer to the barricade.

You just gave him a look that signalled him to continue, "When I was young, I had a decent life. I had a family, shelter, food on my plate, and the other basic needs for survival- but not much of them. My family was poor and we didn't have many resources- being in the Great Depression didn't help. But other than that, it was decent,"

"When my father died, I was heartbroken. My father was the best father imaginable and I could never have imagined life without him. So, years after my father died, my mother died of pneumonia. She was so sick, and we didn't have the money to get her any medication so she had left me in an Orphanage after her death,"

"Years after that, I found Bucky. We were inseparable. We were best friends, we did everything together. We fought in the war and went to fancy dances to just dance with any of the girls we saw. But, when he fell off the train, something in my mind just clicked. I had so many losses in my life, and I couldn't get away from all of the heartbreak and pain so I found Hydra,"

"They gave me a place to live- a home. They helped me through everything and it made me feel like I was important and not some kid who had just lost his parents and best friend. But then, I met you and the others. My whole life turned upside down and you guys made me feel like I was finally important and I was torn between you and the others and Hydra and I didn't know what to do. What we had was real, terribly real. I'm still in love with you. I wish you could of found out some way else." He finished.

You stood there, taking in everything he had just said. "You can't just blame your rough childhood on becoming apart of Hydra. You had a choice and you picked Hydra over me and the team. I- we will never forgive you for what you've done. You had a family at Shield and you just tossed it all away, for what? A home- with Hydra? Please." You retorted.

He stiffened slightly and clenched his jaw, still looking at you but with soft eyes.

"Not only have you betrayed me, you've betrayed all eight members of the people you once called your friends. Don't count on us to ever forgive you because we won't."

With that, you walked out of the cell and into the hallway as you found Clint's open arms.

You gratefully took his comfort and hugged him back as the tears finally came for what seemed like forever.

*
*
*

Heyy! Tons of you guys requested for a part 2 so here you go! :-) Hope you liked this!!

Guys, I have about 1 & a half weeks left of summer school and then I'll be able to update more frequent for you guys!!

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow!

Ly all xx