clint barton | accident

You walked inside your apartment, your eyes were suddenly taking interest in the wall in front of you, as you kicked your shoes off and dropped your purse on the counter.

You had just found out your best friend had died in a car accident and you were completely heartbroken.

A tear slipped down your cheek as you sat down in your kitchen. Once that tear fell, many were to come down soon after.

You put your head down as your arms held it up. You didn't bother to move or to go wash all of the mascara off of your face.

You were too upset, no- scratch that, you were heartbroken. Cripe, you had just lost your best friend!

The woman you always told your deepest thoughts and secrets to, like that one time where you had ice cream for breakfast without your parents permission or that boy that always found a way to put a smile on your face without you knowing.

You had just lost your partner in crime, your go-to, your friend- your sister.

Just continuously thinking about her and her death made you just want to curl up in a ball and cry even harder.

You couldn't help but create situations in your head as to what she was doing before she died or how it felt to die. She was gone.

Eventually you cried yourself to sleep as the thoughts of your friend never left your head.

You awoke to your husband, Clint who was standing beside you, looking down at you with a worried look.

"(Y/N), sweetheart. What happened? Why did you asleep in the kitchen?" Clint asked, rubbing your back soothingly with questioning eyes.

"(Y/F/N)'s dead," You paused, your eyes taking interest in the wall in front of you again. "She died in a car accident- drunk drive.r"

Clint sighed and looked down, closing his eyes. "(Y/N) I'm so sorry." He said sympathetically.

You stayed silent but nodded lightly. "I know how much you loved her and it's not fair how she died." Clint spoke up again.

"It wasn't- and that man who decided that it was a good idea to get into a car while under the influence will have to live with the guilt that he killed an innocent woman for the rest of his life." You said hoarsely, as you fought back tears.

He hugged you tightly as you let out soft sobs into his shoulder. "I miss her already." You said, devastatingly.

He rubbed your back more and stroked your hair calmly, "I know. I do too. I'm so sorry (Y/N). We'll get through this." He soothed.

"I hope so." You whispered as you hugged him tighter.

-

The funeral was upsetting. Lots of (Y/F/N)'s friends and family showed up. Lots of tears that day. Especially from you.

"It's time to go." Clint whispered with sympathy in his tone as he walked up behind you, rubbing your arms.

You nodded, sniffling and wiping a tear away. "Just one more minute."

Clint nodded, giving you a quick kiss on the cheek before walking back to the car.

Everyone had left, leaving you stand there alone at her grave with your empty thoughts.

-

A year had passed since (Y/F/N) died, and you had been holding up pretty well.

Sure you still thought about her and missed her but you were doing okay.

Clint and you had adopted a little girl whom you named after her. She was beautiful and you adored her.

*
*
*
Hope you liked this! :)

My march break is almost over :( boo.

I really liked writing this, comment below who you guys would like to see in my next couple imagines.

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow

Ly all xx