matt murdock | he saves you

You ran around your apartment frantically in search of your keys. You were already 20 minutes late for work and that wasn't good at all.

The last time you were late to work, your boss had told you if you were late one more time you'd be suspended from work for a month due to all of the other times you showed up late.

"Shoot!" You exclaimed as you mentally groaned at the tipped over glass of orange juice you had managed to spill during your frantic search. You quickly placed paper towels on the mess before realization punched you square in the face.

As you stopped cleaning the mess, you  took your boot off and dug your hand around the interior before you could feel the cool metal of your keys.

You put them in your pocket and put your boot back on. Taking one last look at your apartment before leaving, you ran out of the apartment building.

As you got onto the old-looking sidewalk of Hell's Kitchen, you thought of the fastest route to your work.

A thought came to you, the alley just around the corner would make the trip a lot shorter. You knew it could be dangerous but you had to get to work as soon as possible.

You scurried around the corner and began to run through the wet, disgusting smell of the badly paved alley- making sure to dodge some garbage laying around.

You were about halfway through when something hit you in the stomach. You hunched forward in pain, clutching your abdomen before you looked up and saw a long piece of string connecting from one side of a building to another.

Three men came out from the shadows and smirked at you. One hitting a baseball bat against his palm and another biting on a toothpick.

They looked disgusting, their hair a disheveled, greasy mess, with dirt stains on their clothes and face. They smelt of alcohol and garbage. You sniffled your nose in disgust.

"What's a pretty thing like you doin' out here?" The third man asked with a condescending chuckle.

You backed up, beginning to walk backwards once they started to walk closer to you.

"Please.. Just leave me alone! I have $50 in my purse! Please just take it." You begged hoping they would take the money and leave you alone.

The two other guys started to chuckle. "We don't want your money, hunny." The guy with the toothpick walked close to you and caressed your cheek before punching you in the jaw.

You fell to the ground as the guy spit his toothpick out to his right, "Please."  You whimpered desperately, looking up at the man. Your hair was in your face and blood was escaping your mouth.

"Stand up!" The guy yelled loudly. You flinched, "I said, STAND UP!" He clarified as you obeyed.

Hair covered your face as you out your hands up, "Okay." You whimpered. Tears started filling your eyes as the other two guys walked behind you making it impossible to escape.

They all just laughed and hollered at you. The guy that had the bat, swung it at your stomach.

You bent over clenching your stomach and falling to the ground in pain again. "Please. Stop! Somebody help!" You screamed as loud as you could.

The other guy began to kick you repetitive, and the guy that had the toothpick began punching you in the face. The other guy just watched, cheering his friends on.

"Help!" You screamed helplessly, beaten and weak. Tears flooding your vision as you just begged for someone to save you.

You heard a thump and all of the men stopped and looked behind them. Before you, stood a tall, muscular man in a completely black outfit. All you could see were his crooked lips.

"Leave her alone!" The man in the mask ordered.

The men laughed, "Or what?" One of them asked.

"That's how you wanna play, huh?" The masked man whispered under his breath as he began to fight the men.

He punched the guy with the toothpick five times before the guy blacked out. The masked man crouched down and stretched out his leg tripping the guy with the bat, making him fall on his face.

The masked man then kicked his face into the ground and walked over to the third man, ducking his punch.

The masked man kneed him in the stomach instantly making the man fall down.

The masked man kneeled there breathing heavily before looking at you and standing up.

You laid there in shock taking in everything that happened as the masked man walked toward you.

"Are you okay Miss?" He asked, standing you up and looking over your wounds.

"Thank you!" You exclaimed truly grateful, ignoring his question.

He smiled, "It's what I do." He was about to head off before you stopped him.

"Who are you?" You asked and smiled lightly.

"I'm Matt, and who is the beautiful lady I saved?" He smiled.

You blushed at his comment, "I'm (Y/N)"

He smiled, running away and jumping from building to building. You watched him in awe.

*
*
*
How was this one? Second chapter in 24 hrs :)

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow!

Have a good day/night! <3