Chapter 71

Amber

Bursting through the door, I halt to a stop.

"You can't be in here!" What I assume is a doctor yells. But his voice seems so faint. Slowly walking forward, my eyes scanning Zayn. My breath hitches, seeing the stitches in his arm, and all the IV's. Everything is wired. A mask covers his face as a breathing pump lies next to him. His heart beat monitor raises, snapping me back into motion.

"Zayn?" I manage out a whimper.

Slowly, his finger raises, the doctor pulls me by my shoulders, but stops. "Did he-"

"Yeah." I whimper, running by his side. "Zayn." I say again, rubbing his stubble, I run my finger over his lips. "I'm here baby, I'm here. It's okay, it'll be okay." I bite my lip as a tear streams, down my face. "Please, show me again that your here."

Please let Zayn be here if anyone is listening. God I love him. I can't imagine losing him I fucking can't I just- I'm in love with Zayn. I'm in love with his voice, his laugh, his eyes, his stubble, his nose, his cute little lips, him. I'm in love with him. I'm in love with the way he walks. I'm in love with the way he looks down and plays with his fingers when someone isn't talking to him. I'm in love with the way he plays with his lips and cheek. The way he blinks. How he breaths. How his back muscles flex with every step. I'm in love with the way he slurs his words. If I can't hear the way he slurs his words again then god I don't want to fucking live.

His chest pumps, and I step back, a smile creeping to my face. The doctors hand runs down my back, slipping off.

"Will he be okay? Will he be able to speak and walk and-"

"I'm- I'm not sure." The doctors eyebrows are furrowed, he's running his hands through his stubble, gazing at Zayn as if he's never seen someone like him. Don't worry doctor, I haven't either.

"I need you to step out of the room, I need to finish some tests." He steps In front of me, grabbing my shoulders to push me out of the room, and I push back.

"Wait-"

"Please-"

"I said wait!" I raise my voice, another tear streaming down. The doctor steps aside, and I slowly walk towards Zayn, leaning down. I smile and examine his face. Slowly, I kiss him, his lips are warm, and seem to some-what kiss back, raising my head fast, a smile makes it's way back to my face. He will be okay, I know he will. stepping back. The doctor guides me out of the room.

I wipe my face and walk down the hall, I hear my name being called and step back.

"Harry?" I call. Stepping back a few more times, I spot Louis in the hospital bed. A neck brace on. Harry is leaning over him, stroking his face. Stepping back he limps over to me.

"You should sit." I grab his arm but he jerks away.

"No." He huffs, limping back to Louis. "They just gave him medicine. The doctor said he should be awaking in about an hour. I can't afford to miss it." He wipes his nose. His eyes look so tired, dark bags hanging loudly beneath his emerald green eyes. "Niall is uh- over there." He wipes his nose, sniffing, then pointing on the other side of the curtain. "Liam is sleeping over here. He cried himself to sleep, more like passed out." He hoarse-fully chuckles, pointing to a chair behind him. "How's Zayn?" He leans back over Louis, removing the hair from his eyes, scanning him.

"He's good." I sniff, wiping my eyes. He darts his vision towards me and a smile creeps upon his face, slightly showing his dimples.

"Good." He breaths. He looks back at Louis, sniffing. "Good." He whispers again, grabbing his mates hand.

"Are you not going to come see me you shit?" I hear a hoarse, tired Irish accent I've grown to love across the curtain. Smiling, I make my way over to Niall. A smile grows on his face and he chuckles. "Hey." He says.

"Hi." I smile, setting my hand on his thy. Nialls eye is swollen blue and purple, cuts cover his face and visible areas. His arm is casted all the way up to his shoulder, and I frown.

"Hey hey." He grabs my chin. "Don't worry, I'm fine." He smiles, Turing to his side to grab something. "Besides, free Ice-cream." He smiles, shoving about five empty packets into my face. "Throw those away while your up." I grab them and he opens another. I smile and throw them away, across the room.

"So." I smile, making my way back to Nialls bed. "Are you in pain?" I can feel my smile fade as he looks up, setting his ice-cream down.

"Nope." He chuckles. "I'm loopy and shit." He sticks his tongue out. "Can I ask you a favor?" He smiles. Finishing his ice-cream, he's fast.

"Of course." I furrow my eyebrows, stepping forward.

"Can I have a hug? And more ice-cream cups?" He grins. "It's urgent." He nods harshly.