Chapter 21

Amber

We sit in silence. I notice him wipe his tears that stream down his face every other minuet.

"Harry." I speak out.

"Yeah." He clears his throat.

"Sorry if I'm a bother but, where are we going."

He gives a quick smile with red puffy eyes. Then drops the smile again.

"Back home."

I look out the window, and notice our house a street over. Maybe he just needed a drive, or maybe he needed an escape from the boys. Maybe he just needed attention. I smile and continue to look out the window, avoiding to ask why we even came out to drive.
Several minuets had passed when we had reached our destination, their house. We pull into the drive way, and I notice that the other car is gone. Had they noticed we were gone? Of course they had. They were continuously watching Harry around me. Since the incident at the warehouse, everyone has been jumpy lately. Especially me. I don't blame them though. When they have another gang watching them, and trying to kill them. Especially when the reason their life is in danger is because of me. Because he wants me back. Matt.

"Harry why are you protecting me." I say out loud. I need answers, and it's about time I have a serious talk with one of the guys. Ever since I've been in, well their control. They've been avoiding me and my curiosity's. I hope Harry's different. I hope he will talk to me.

He avoids my question, as usual, and steps out of the car. Me following him into the house, he locks the door behind us. I stand at the door uncomfortably. I'm not sure where to go since this isn't my home. I don't belong here, but I feel like I do. It feels so empty without Zayn right by me. Doesn't feel like a very cozy place.

"Sit." Harrys urges, throwing himself onto the couch.

I do as he said and walk over to the couch. I sit down and lean back, making myself at home. There was a long awkward silence between the two of us. I catch Harry looking at me with red eyes still. I want to know his story. And so bad. I really do. He speaks up as soon as we make eye contact. That's probably what he was waiting for.

"What did you mean when you said you don't have anything to live for anyhow."

I clear my throat and sit back in the seat.

**********FLASHBACK**********

"Baby stop!" I giggle as Matt tickles me.

He chuckles and gets up from the bed. Going to his drawer.

"What are you looking for handsome?" I speak up, admiring how toned he is with his shirt off. The way his back muscles flex with every step he takes. How when he smiles, his dimples show slightly and his blonde quiff spikes up. And all together his pale skin just wraps it all up. He's perfect. And he's mine. He's all I could ever ask for. But lately we've been off the edge. That's why we are here now. He's been snappy with me, and quite rude to be honest. And I brought him to my house to talk about it.

"Eh, nothing." His raspy voice echoes through my room. He pulls out a cigarette from his jean pants, and with a flick of the lighter, lights it. He takes a long drag and blows out a line of smoke.

"You said you had stopped." I say disappointed. He's promised me he would stop ever since valentines day. He's been a total dick about it since.

"And you said we'd have sex. Don't see that happening right now, do we?" He snaps back. Turning around.

I sit there in shock, but also hurt. This is what I have to deal with. I love him, really I do. But I can't take seeing him act like this any more. He's always been a douche, but towards me. He sits on the bed and takes the cigarette out of his mouth. Blowing a cloud of smoke right by my face.

"I think you should go." I clench my jaw. It's for the better. He needs to think about this. I'm always uncomfortable around him when he smokes. And he knows that.

"Nah, I'll stay." He chuckles and takes another drag of his cigarette.

I sigh. "Matt this isn't a joke. I want you out. I'm sorry, I just need time to think."

"Why are you being such a bitch?"

"Get, out."

"And who's going to make me? You?" He chuckles.

I was about to yell for my dad, but I remembered that my family, including my brother are gone on vacation. A little treat I set up for them.

"Matt you've been such a dick to me lately. And I hate the people you are starting to hangout with." I blurt out. I can't hold it in anymore. "And I think you should get ahold of yourself and just-"

I am stopped by a crack against my face. I lay face down into my bed, the familiar tingling and pain soon forms against my cheek. This isn't the first time I've been hit by him. Since the day he started smoking again, he's been abusive. But I hope it's just a faze. I'm too afraid to let him go. I need him in my life, and I know he needs me. I know it.

"Bitch, don't you bring up my friends in this fight, ever!" Another loud slap is pinned against the other side of my face again. I wipe the tear that falls down the side of my face. I deserve this. I shouldn't have said anything, he's right. Continues slaps turn into fisted punches. All around my body. I try to shield myself with a pillow, but I know that it won't stop him. I'm used to the pain from my dad, I've learned just to let it happen.

"It will be over soon." I repeat in my head over and over again to mute out the skin to skin contact. I stay curled in a ball, protecting most of my body.

"Get up." I hear the voice say and I feel the stinging stop. Thank god, it's finally over. I look up from my shielding position, to see Matt staring down at me. Sweat dripping from his temple. "Get, up." He repeats, more demanding. I do as he told and stand up. My hair in a knot and my makeup running. I can see from the corner of my eye. Or maybe that was just a bruise. Nothing a little makeup can't cover.

He walks over to me and puts his hand on my shoulder. His hand burns.

"I'm sorry baby." He pulls me in for a hug, but I stay still. It hurts to move. "Baby?" He pulls back and try's to make eye to eye contact. But I avoid it as much as possible. "Bitch." He throws me on the bed again. My back stinging as the springs pull me back up to the surface of the bed. I see Matt throw himself on top of me, wrestling with his jeans.

"Matt stop." I say out. I can try to do my all, but I know I won't effect him. He's been wanting my virginity for almost a year now. But I've refused. I keep telling him it's something we need to save. He continues to wrestle with his jeans. Finally pulling them off. "Matt please, this isn't you, you don't want to do this please-"

"Just shut up!" A stinging sensation creeps upon my face again. And I do as told. Tears stream down my face. I've feared this day would come.

"It'll all be over soon." I repeat. Closing my eyes.

******FLASHBACK ENDING********

Harry sits there. Mouth gaped open as I finished my story.

"So you were, abused and raped. Not only by Matt, but your dad too?"

I sigh and nod. I've rarely told my story, but I feel so comfortable telling Harry. I wipe the tear that had seemed to fall.

"I um." He clears his throat. "I'm so sorry. If I knew this then, I wouldn't have, I just, you're so, I'm So sorry." He repeats.

"It's okay." I nod. That's all I've ever heard from anyone. Is those words. "I'm so sorry." Those exact words. But let's face it. He couldn't know what I was going through. No one could. Nobody.

**

AUTHORS NOTE:

Guys I'm sorry for the short chapter, but I need to get stuff done and I had to end it soon. I had so much planned for this chapter but I could only fit this part in. I'm soooo sorry. I'll update more tomorrow! Again I apologize. This was sort of just a filler on the Matt situation.
Vote and comment please!!