Chapter 4

Amber

"My mum died when I was 6."

Those words repeating through my head. Over and over again. My stomach twirling of nausea and guilty-ness. I feel so, mean. Why did I say that? I mean, I'm a bitch, but not that bad?
I'm speechless, I have nothing to say. I cant say anything.

"I-I, Zayn I didn't-"

"You're fine," He says, looking down. "But saying sorry won't bring her back." He added, looking back up with a pale face.

"Zayn.."

"Yeah.." He says through a huff.

"What happened to her? If- if you don't mind me asking.." I sit, staring, waiting for a reaction, twirling my thumbs. He clicks the blinker to turn, then starts to pull onto another street. He doesn't say anything for about a minuet. He just drove with a blank face. He clears his throat.

"I'm uh- not really updated on the details.. I never was. But, I do know some things." He sniffles, I could assume he was crying, but everyone sniffles this time of year. His eyes where red. He adjusted himself in a comfortable position, where his right arm was leaning on the arm rest of the car door. And his hand holding his head up, kind of like you do when you're bored in class and rest your head on your hand. He clears his throat again.
"My dad, he never came home a lot. He was always, 'Working' "
Zayn takes his hand off the steering wheel to make to quotation marks with his middle finger and index finger, then slams his hand back on the steering wheel.
"You know.. I could tell when my dad got mad easily, when he got frustrated?"

Looks like I'm going to hear his life story.

"He only came home maybe.. Once a week? If that, and when he was home, he was either working at the computer, or in his office." Zayn explains, still looking at the road.
"Now, my mum on the other hand, she was, beautiful." A smile appears on his face. "She always did the best for our family. She cooked a great meal every night. Even if my sister wasn't home, she would make the best meal. Especially on Wednesdays, that's when she really tried her hardest, because that's when father would come home." His smile starts to disappear. "But.. A lot of the time, he wouldn't.. So I tried my hardest to be the man of the house. I tried my HARDEST, to take care if my mum." Zayns voice raises. "Because my SHITHEAD of a father wouldn't even try!" He's at the point of yelling. He then takes a deep breath, and clenches his jaw.
"He beat her." He says, barley above whispering. He gives a sniffle, then wipes his nose. "She denied it. She always did. But I knew he did. Bruises. On her back, arms. Even legs. My own fucking father broke my mum." He shakes his head and laughs a little, looking down at the floor board. Then back up to the narrow road. We where the only other car on this road. "So I killed him." He says, with a proud look on his face, giving off a slight smile.

"You.. What?" I say, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I killed.. My own father. And you know what? I don't regret it."

"W-why?" I say. I soon regret asking, because I already know the answer.

"I couldn't just sit there, and watch my mom get beat anymore. I was young, but I knew what was going on. So by the time I turned 6, I was finally tall enough to reach in the cabinets. One day, I was walking in the kitchen, and my dad yells from the back room. I could only hear certain words though. Just, stuff like, 'It's only a matter if time!' And 'You're a dumb bitch!' So I stopped walking, so I could listen, then the worst scream I heard, passed through my ears. My moms. I heard a skin to skin contact slap, and it was loud. Enough to echo through the house, and our house was fairly big. So, I did the one thing that came to my mind." Zayn let's a smile come across his face again, and he re-adjusts his hands in the steering wheel again, and turns on the blinker to turn on a different street again. "I was tired of the beating, the screams, living in fear of my father, so I got the gun from the top cabinet. And I walked back into the room, and shot him. Now...My dad pleaded, 'No put the gun down Zayn!' ... But, after seeing my mom in the corner, she was a beautiful woman. Didn't deserve any of it. Her makeup was smeared, crying her eyes out, I couldn't stop myself. But because I was 6, it was a struggle to hold the gun up, but it was just a tiny tiny handgun that you would see in cowboy movies." Zayn says chuckling. "So I held the gun up with two hands, and shot him. I was a good aim too, right in the heart. I'm proud of my self till this day." We start to pull into a parking lot, connected to a big ware house. We had to be about 10 miles from any town, we where literally in the middle of no where.

"But.. Zayn.. What about your mum?" I say, my voice was trembling, and I feel liquid stream down my face. Was I crying and didn't even notice? I put my hand up to my face and wipe the tears away, sniffling. Zayn parks the car and looks over at me with a concerned look at soon and I sniffle.

"Love, you're crying!?" He says, then he gets out of the car and runs to my side of the car, he opens the car door and puts his index finger under my chin, to make me look at him. I can't reply to him, I'm speechless. tears are still coming down my face. "Please don't cry, I was just telling you my past! It's over now and done with! Is that what you're crying about?" His hand on the side of my face now, his jaw slightly open, his eyebrows furrowed, and his eyes wandering all around my face, waiting for a response.

But before I could reply, I see the warehouse doors fly open out if the corner of my eye.

________

ZAYNS POV:

She crying because of me, because of my past.

I've done this dozens of times. And the girls cry every time. Not because of my story, but because they got.. Captured.
But...She's the first that has actually cared about my story. I can't help but think, I'm turning this girl in? A girl that has feelings. A girl that... Cares about me. I've just met her, but, I feel like I've known her for years, it's only been hours though. And I kind of kidnapped her.
Just then, I hear the warehouse doors open. I look to my right, to find Harry and Niall walk out of the warehouse and to my car. Harry, head down but looking up with a creepy smile, and Niall, following behind, eating a doughnut.
Both wearing nothing but black.

"Well well well. Looks like you brought the slut. Nice work Z." Harry says, glaring at Amber, with a slight smile.

"She's not a slut." I daringly say, knowing what Harry could do to me. He could have me ripped up in shreds and thrown on the side of the road within seconds.

"I don't think we need you here anymore." Harry replies, shooing me off with his hand, but not breaking eye contact with Amber. I usually just drive home after this, I don't know what they do in the warehouse, but the girls are never found.

"I'm coming with." I say with a straight face, but gulping. Harry shoots me a daring look, breaking eye contact with Amber. Niall looks at me, with his mouth stuffed with sugar coated doughnuts, and powder all around his mouth and shirt.

"Oh shit." Niall says, barley being able to understand him, letting crumbs fall out of his mouth.

"What?" Harry says, barely above a whisper, taking two slow steps towards me, with his hands in his pockets.
I clear my throat.

"I just want to see what happens so I can learn to be as good as you one day!" I shoot him a smile, but that was a lie.

"Obviously." Harry says, rolling his eyes and turning around to grab Amber out of the truck.

"I'll get her!" I say, leaping in front of him and grabbing her bridal style.
Harry steps back and examines her foot. Gives a 'Not bad' look, and turns to walk to the warehouse.

"Zayn.." Amber whimpers.

"Yeah?" I whisper back, slowing down, to where Harry and Niall where further in front of us so the couldn't hear.

"What's going to happen to me?"

I sniffle a little, still upset about earlier, and I look at her in my arms, tears streaming down her face.

"I don't know." I say, looking into her eyes, then back up to enter the warehouse.