Chapter 31

** Emily's POV **

It was dark and cold when I woke up, my arms stiff from being tied behind the chair that I was sitting on. If I had to guess, I'd say I was in a different warehouse. The smells were different. I could just make out the silhouette of a man in the doorway of the small room I was in.

"What are you standing there for?" I asked.

He came into view, Johan. 

"My Emily, glad to have you back with us once again." He smiled.

"Where am I? This isn't the old warehouse. Are we still in DC?" 

"Quiet, you need to save your strength, my dear. All in good time. I'm starting an FBI collection now, thanks to your friend."

"What are you talking about?" I shouted.

"The pretty Russian girl who lured you to the coffee shop. She works for my dealer. She collects the women, and I buy them and distribute."

I suddenly understood who he was talking about, and a hole opened up in my stomach. I didn't want to believe it, but it all made sense. Anna's cryptic note that didn't go into any detail. How she disappeared when the men arrived.

"Go to hell." I spat.

He just laughed and sat down in front of me, slicing an apple.

"Now, if you're good, you can have some." He taunted.

"Fuck you."

"Say please, and I'll give you a slice." He teased, taking a bite.

I could taste the juices as I watched him eat, but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.

"Suit yourself." He stood up, leaving the rest of the apple on his seat.

"Wait." I gave in because my body couldn't last much longer. "Please can I have a slice?"

He smiled and sat back down, taking a slice of apple.

"See, that wasn't so hard." He said in a sickly sweet voice.

It took all my effort not to be sick as he talked, but I nodded obediently and allowed him to place the slice in my mouth. My mouth was filled with sweet juice from the apple and my tongue tingled. It was a delicious apple. I guess I could continue to do this, just so that he won't hurt me again.

"Thank you." I said with a smile.

"You're very welcome, Emily." 

** JJ's POV **

Elle was still trying to get out of her restraints. Angus would be back soon.

"Elle." I hissed, and she stopped to listen.

"Elle, don't do that. Don't make him mad." I begged her.

She tried to speak but her words were muted by the cloth over her mouth.

"Please, just trust me. I know what he's capable of." I whispered.

Suddenly I heard footsteps return and lay still. Angus was back. He walked over to my bed and lifted me upright.

"Hi, Jennifer, how are you doing?" He asked me, setting down a tray of food.

"The baby's hungry." I replied.

He sat beside me as I ate, making sure I finished everything. I knew Elle was watching, but I ignored the silent accusing stares.

"Thank you, Angus." I kissed his cheek gently.

"Anything for you, and your baby." He said.

"Wait, can I ask you to do something? You don't have, but I just wanted to ask." I said as he made to stand up.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Can you remove Elle's restraints? She's going to break a bone soon, trying to loosen them. I think they're too tight. I promise, she won't do anything. You trust me, right?" I asked sweetly.

He looked deeply into my eyes and then nodded.

"I do, Jennifer." 

He walked over to Elle's bed, where she was paralyzed with fear.

"Elle, it's going to be okay." I called to her.

Angus removed the ties and the gag and she spluttered, gasping for breath.

"I'm sorry." He said as he left the cage and walked out.

"Elle, are you alright?"

"What the hell?" She shouted as soon as she stopped coughing. "What are you doing?"

"Please, Elle, listen. There's a man, a buyer. He wants me and my baby. That's why Angus is keeping me here. I don't know what the man wants from you, but he will want something. There's a lot of other girls here, in this warehouse alone. To stay alive, and stay with me, just do what he wants. Be polite and quiet, don't try to escape, and don't mention the buyer. It sets him on edge. Please, you have to trust me." I said.

Elle looked confused as she thought.

"He wants your baby?" She said after a long pause.

"He wants the baby healthy. But yes."

"They're looking for you and Emily." She added.

I stopped talking, remembering Emily.

"Emily's already with the buyer. I don't know where they are."

"They'll find her. They'll find us."

"I'm not sure they will, Elle. They've been trafficking for goodness knows how long, they're professionals. Your only hope now is to just do what he says and stay alive. And don't get shipped overseas, because other girls have been."

Elle nodded and I saw the tears roll down her cheeks.

"It's going to be alright, Elle." I tried to comfort her.

A/N

Only one exam left, I've been revising for ages. Hope you like this chapter, and comment ideas how the team will save the three agents. 

Saffron xo