Chapter 20

** Emily's POV **

"Hotch, I did it. She's getting her memory back!" I said on the phone as I left JJ to sleep.

"That's wonderful. We're still working on this case at the moment."

"I looked at the file. Have you looked for relatives with healthy bank accounts? Everything points to a hit man carrying out the murders." I suggested.

"Garcia's onto it. Has Morgan visited at all?"

"Once, this morning. JJ was asleep though. I told him I'd update him."

"Good. I think it will do him good to talk to her. I've got to go, keep me posted."

"Likewise." I hung up and looked through the blinds to JJ.

She was sleeping so peacefully, it reminded me of that night when I watched her sleep in my bed after refusing to let her drive home. I thought about that night, it felt so long ago. She didn't move a muscle all night, and when I went in to see her in the morning, she was still in the same position, which made me slightly worried.

"JJ?" I said softly, and she slowly moved her head.

I gasped because I realized that she hadn't slept at all. Sure, her eyes had been closed, but she looked like she hadn't had a wink of sleep.

"Didn't you sleep last night?" 

"I can't sleep, Em. Whenever I close my eyes, I can feel him in the room. I can feel him watching me. I can feel him doing things." She shivered.

"He's dead, Jayje, he can't hurt you."

"I know I'm being ridiculous, but I can't help it." She said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

I wiped it away gently. "Hey, it's going to be okay. I'm not leaving you."

Before I knew it, I was leaning in toward her and she was leaning forward. Our lips touched and in that moment, I forgot that we were in hospital, that she had been raped and carried her abuser's baby, that she was still recovering. Everything felt perfect.

That was until I heard the door open. I got up quickly, but the damage had been done. Morgan turned on his heels and ran down the corridor, out of the hospital onto the busy street. He left on the floor a bunch of flowers and a card.

~ I'm sorry ~ 

That was what was written on the front.

"Go." JJ said.

I planted a kiss on her forehead before following Morgan outside.

** Morgan's POV **

"What the hell, Emily?" I shouted at her as she reached me.

"Derek, I'm sorry."

"You're sorry? God, Emily, I thought I knew you. I thought you were my friend."

"Derek, please, let me explain." 

"Explain what? You kissed her, and you meant it. Don't give me bullshit that it was a mistake, because we both know it wasn't. Don't lie to me."

"You're right, Derek. But it was a spur of the moment thing. I didn't know I felt like that until it happened. We've always been friends, and she's always been there, and she's..."

"Yeah, I get it, she's perfect, she's amazing, oh and she's lesbian."

"Come on, Derek, let's just talk about this." Emily pleaded.

"I have nothing left to say, Prentiss." I said and left her standing outside.

A/N

I'm such Jemily trash but it had to happen, I've been waiting to write this for so long.

Saffron xo