Chapter 14

** Hotch's POV **

"Garcia, send us the address." I said from the SUV.

Emily and Reid were in the other SUV. Rossi was looking at me through the corner of his eye.

"Aaron, this psycho works with us, he's from the floor below."

"I know. He's probably watched us from the start, waiting to get her alone."

"So he did all of this because she rejected him once?" Morgan said from the back.

"I managed to do a little digging into his past, and by a little I mean a lot. He was adopted as a kid from the foster system after his parents died. His adopted family was a big one, with three biological children. He had two brothers and a sister. His sister was 4 years older, and when she turned 17 she left the house. But not before there was a rather heated text exchange between them. It turns out he was infatuated with his older sister in law and asked to go out with her. Guess what colour hair she has?"

"Blonde hair and blue eyes."

"Bingo, Derek Morgan."

"So JJ's a surrogate, like his sister who rejected him?"

"Guess that his sister's name is?"

I didn't want to say it because I didn't want to connect JJ to that sick bastard.

"Her name was Jennifer Hill, and she moved to Phoenix, Arizona, when she got accepted to University of Phoenix. Oh, it gets worse."

"How can it get worse, Garcia?"

"She identifies as a lesbian, she's happily married to a Hanna Coleman since 2014, when it was legalized. And, Phoenix have a long list of unexplained disappearances occurring since 2014, all blonde women around the ages of 25 to 35, none of them have been found."

"John Winters rings a bell. Didn't he do some kind of undercover assignment in Phoenix a few years back?" Rossi asked.

"Yes, you'd be right. He volunteered for the position. He returned back to DC last month."

My stomach churned as we arrived at the location Garcia had sent us. It was a old property which had been abandoned for a few years due to structural issues. The landlord hadn't bothered to get it repaired.

"Right, Morgan, Reid and Dave, go round the back. Emily and I will take the front. We're going for a soft entry, we want to get JJ out safely. Understood?"

I nodded and followed Reid and Rossi round the back. There was no movement in the house, and the lights were off. I hope we got the right house.

** JJ's POV **

He came back, but he was different. He was talking to himself, muttering, confused. 

"John?" I tried to talk to him, but he just kept pacing round and round.

"Jenny, is that really you?"

He walked closer and placed his hand on my cheek. I knew my body was cold but his hands burned through my sin, they were incredibly hot. I flinched at his touch and his face looked devastated.

"Jenny, I would never hurt you. I didn't do anything to you when we were kids, nothing's changed. I still love you." His voice was trembling.

Just then, the door opened and Morgan was standing in the doorway with his gun trained on John.

"John Winters, let her go. That's not your sister."

John pulled a knife from his back pocket and wrapped his arm around my throat so I couldn't breath.

"You don't wanna do that, John. I just want to talk about your sister."

"My sister was my world. I loved her. I still love her."

"John, that woman there, that's not your sister. Her name is Jennifer Jareau, she's an FBI agent just like you. You need to let her go."

"I-I can't. I love her." His tears dripped down my back as he cried.

His voice was fading as I lost consciousness, and the last thing I heard was 'I'm sorry Jayje' before everything went black and my head hit the floor.

A/N

So I was wondering whether these chapters are too long or too short because they average around 600-1000 words, and take a while to write. Also, hope you enjoy the story!

Saffron xo