Chapter 19

** JJ's POV **

When I woke up, the woman was still sitting there. I wanted to know who she is.

"Excuse me, what's your name?" I asked politely.

"Hey Jayje, sorry, Jennifer. I'm Emily. Emily Prentiss. We work together. At the FBI."

"We do?" I asked, confused.

"Yes, here."

She showed me a picture.

"This is our team, or it was

"This is our team, or it was. It's changed slightly."

I stared at the photograph on her phone. Sure, the woman with blonde hair was me, but I didn't recognize the others.

"So the other woman is you?" I handed back the phone.

"Yes. Next to you is Aaron Hotchner, the unit chief, Spencer Reid, the resident genius, David Rossi, the resident novelist, me, and Derek Morgan. He left the team about a week after you came here."

"Why did he leave?" I was looking for a distraction to stop thinking about myself.

"Our section chief, Erin Strauss, wanted him to take a transfer to a SWAT unit. His post was then filled by another woman, Elle Greenaway."

She showed me another picture

She showed me another picture. I had no idea who she was talking about.

"Elle's specialty is sex crimes. Her father was a cop who got shot whilst on duty."

"She's pretty." I commented, not really sure what to say.

"JJ, I know you're in there. We all miss you so much." 

Emily held my hand and suddenly I had a flashback.

~ Flashback ~

I knocked on the door, because he was busy talking to someone, but we had a case.

"Sir, I'm sorry to interrupt, but we've got a case."

"I won't be a moment. This is SSA Emily Prentiss, she'll be joining us on this case."

I shook her hand and smiled, which she returned.

"Pleased to meet you, I'm Jennifer Jareau, or JJ."

"Emily Prentiss, obviously. Shall we get to work?"

I opened my eyes and saw what had previously eluded me.

"Emily?" 

She was so overcome with relief that she practically knocked me over, pulling me into a tight hug.

"JJ, oh my god I was so worried. I've missed you so much, Jayje. God, we couldn't believe what had happened." She said in one long breath.

"Emily, I'm here, aren't I? I still don't really know what happened though."

Emily sat back down and took my hand again. She told me about the case, about a date with Morgan. She explained how I hadn't shown up for work, and that my car was still outside Morgan's house. I listened as she told me everything about John Winters, who had abducted me. She paused, and I remembered my baby.

"Is it his? Is my baby his?"

The look on her face told me that she hadn't known.

"You're pregnant, Jayje?"

I nodded and we both burst into tears. The doctor came in to give me some medicine, and to check on my progress.

"Well, Jennifer, you certainly look much better today." 

I smiled as she left and turned to Emily.

"This stays between us, okay? I don't want people to know just yet. I'm still thinking about it."

"Thinking about what?"

"About keeping my baby."