Chapter 37

** Emily's POV **

The fresh air breezed through my hair as I let my hands fly out in the wind. The car ride was short but beautiful. Johan took me to the theatre and helped me out of the car. 

"My lady." He said with a smile.

"Thank you." I returned his smile and took his hand.

He led me inside and picked a seat at the back. After buying popcorn, I settled down in my seat, resting my head on his shoulder.

"You'll love this one." He whispered as the lights went dark.

He was right, I did enjoy it. It was so beautiful to watch, and I felt so relaxed in his arms. When it was over, we stood up to leave but found that the exits were being blocked. 

"What's happening, Johan?" I asked, scared.

He put his arm around me and said," I don't know, Em, but I'll keep you safe."

We walked slowly towards the main exit and Johan took a step forward to talk to the guard who was guarding it, not letting go of my hand.

"Sir, I'm gonna need you to back up." The guard said.

"What's this about?"

"FBI business. Now, sir, please." 

Their voices got louder until Johan suddenly whispered something and he let us through. On the other side of the door, I asked Johan what had happened.

"Nothing important." He answered, not giving any details.

We were heading back to the car when a siren caught my attention. Then the sound of tires skidding and doors opening.

"FBI! Johan Petrovic, do not move."

"What are you doing?" I yelled, standing in front of him.

"It's okay, Em." He said, walking forward.

"No! No, please, you've made a mistake." I sobbed.

"There's been no mistake. Emily, come to the hospital." 

"No, get off me. Where are you taking Johan?" I fought the strong arms that had gripped me by my waist, but it was useless. 

They were a lot stronger than me, and soon my body just gave up fighting. I still screamed Johan's name, hoping he would come back. The SUV disappeared off into the distance and I just cried and cried, not paying any attention to what the people around me were saying.

** Hotch's POV **

"Emily, come to the hospital." I said gently.

"No, get off me. Where are you taking Johan?" She shouted.

In a desperate attempt, I grabbed her round the waist and carried her to the ambulance that had just arrived.

"Emily, we need to get you checked over." I said again.

"Johan. Johan." She kept saying his name over and over again.

"JJ." I was desperate.

She stopped and looked up, wiping her eyes.

"You know where JJ is?"

"Yes, she's at the hospital. Don't you want to see her?"

Emily thought for a moment before nodding and allowing the paramedic to examine her body.

"We'll see you at the hospital." I said and left.

Reid walked up to me when I finished talking to her. 

"How is she doing?"

"Well, she knows who JJ is. But as for us, I don't see any recognition in her eyes."

"So he's been doing the same thing as Angus. And we don't know what that is yet." Reid said.

I nodded as we drove off after the ambulance to the hospital. I couldn't stop thinking of Morgan. Sure, he'd be angry too, but I couldn't excuse what he did. He purposely disobeyed me and then almost assaulted our suspect. I questioned whether it would be a good idea for him to know about Emily. Would that make things worse?

** JJ's POV **

A faint crying woke me up. Elle was sitting in a wheelchair next to me, a bundle of white blankets in her arms. She started rocking it, and the crying ceased.

"Hey." I whispered.

"Oh, hi. Do you want to meet your baby?" She grinned, holding the bundle out.

"Hello." I gasped as I held my baby. "You're so beautiful."

"What are you going to name your baby girl?" Elle asked.

I thought for a minute. "Ciara Iona Jareau." 

"That's a beautiful name." Elle smiled.

"Reminds me of Angus." I explained.

It was painful to remember that this baby wasn't actually his, but as a result of a previous imprisonment. I will still love her the same.

"Hello Ciara." Elle whispered softly, stroking her hand.

Ciara wrapped a tiny hand around Elle's hand, making us both start crying with happy tears. The moment was so perfect, if only Angus was here. There was a knock on the door, making us both jump, and doctor Abby came in.

"Morning, Jennifer, Elle. It's good to see you both awake and well."

"When can we leave?" I asked.

"All in good time, Ma'am. You need to rest your body first."

She checked my chart, gave me some medicine and checked Ciara.

"All done for today. Just relax, lie back, and get some rest. I'll be back later."

When she left Elle wheeled herself beside me again.

"How did you get one of those?" I asked enviously.

"I couldn't walk at first, but I didn't want a bed. Well, not after I woke up. I wanted to be here for you and the baby."

"I gotta get one." I laughed.

There was another knock on the door and the man in the suit walked in.

"I just thought you might like to know, we found Emily." He said.

"You did?" 

"Yes, she's here, too." 

I thanked him from the bed whilst Elle wheeled over to him to give him a hug.

"Thank you, sir. When can we see her?"

"After she's been checked over, I think. Excuse me." He said as his phone vibrated.

"Yay, our family is nearly back together." I exclaimed.

A/N

Hope you're all enjoying the story

Saffron xo