Chapter 2

** Emily's POV **

I woke up, and my head was throbbing so hard. The room was spinning, and it took me a moment to realize that I wasn't in my bedroom. I was in a very familiar room, but it wasn't mine.

"What is going on?" I whispered to myself, trying to sit up.

"Hey, look who decided to wake up." A familiar voice sang from the doorway.

"JJ? What happened last night?"

"After a lot of drinking, you were pretty bad. I couldn't let you drive home like that. I hope the bed was alright." She explained, and I noticed that her cheeks were slightly pinker than usual and she was looking more at the floor.

"Oh, alright." Was all I said, gathering my stuff.

"Do you want a ride to work?" She offered, and I politely declined.

"Thanks, but I gotta get back to feed Sergio. Thanks for last night, Jayje." I said sincerely, dashing out of the front door, leaving her standing at the top of the stairs.

As I started to drive away, my stomach felt weird. I can't really describe the feeling, except a slight tingling that I had never experienced. And JJ looked different. Not obviously, but she seemed to glow, something that I hadn't noticed before. I shook away the feeling as I reached my apartment.

I went to the bathroom to shower, but as I removed my shirt and jeans, I could still smell the beautiful lavender fragrance from JJ's sheets on my clothes. I smiled sadly as I put my clothes in the laundry basket; there was something weirdly comforting about the scent. It reminded me of her. Wait, what am I thinking?

Under the water, the hangover started to clear away and I remembered the game we played last night with the team. Truth or dare. Memories came flooding back as I realized what I'd dared JJ to do. She kissed me. It lasted probably only a couple of seconds but to me, it felt much longer. But, strangely, it felt right. I've never kissed a girl before, but it didn't feel wrong.

It was just a kiss, right? JJ only did it as a dare. I repeated that to myself as I drove to work, dreading the moment when we'd meet once more.