Hella Dignified

-------------------------------

Chapter Sixty-Four

-Hella Dignified-

We found Trent and Jake hovering over a bike with tools and boxes scattered around them.

"How's it going over here?" Kathy asked and Jake snorted.

"That cherry eating freak was right," Jake rolled his eyes.

"On both bikes, but no one is allowed to tell Dad that it came from him," Trent smirked, while fiddling with something on the bike. "Anyone asks, it was all me."

"Roger that," Kathy nodded, giving him a salute with her hand to her forehead.

"I think we should probably start heading back," I told them and Trent and Jake glanced at each other.

"Jake can stay," Trent nodded at me.

"Yeah, I'll probably stay," Jake backed him up and I laughed at the both of them.

"You don't have an Elvis costume to suit up in?" Kathy asked, making Jake laugh.

"Nah, I'll just be normal and not scar anyone, the first trip into town and all," He chuckled.

"Paul?" Trent asked, and I shook my head grinning.

"There's another Elvis enthusiast in our midst," I bit my lip and he frowned and then broke out into laughter.

"I was thinking about maybe passing on it tonight, but now I can't," Trent grinned at me and I nodded back.

"This will be a year to tell the grandchildren about."

"Whose grandchildren?" Robbo asked, approaching us.

"All the grandchildren, my hunk o' burning love," Kathy laughed.

"Including ours?" Robbo asked her, winking suggestively. The smile dropped from Kathy's face and she regarded him with a stony glance.

"Jake is staying to help Trent with his bike, are you also staying and coming with us?" Kathy asked, ignoring his wink. Looking between Jake and Kathy, Robbo shook his head with a grin.

"I need to get ready," He told us.

Back at my parents' house a while later, I looked from my father to Robbo and back again. It was worse than I thought it would be.

"Look at this bloke," Dad beamed, hugging Robbo around his neck and pulling him into a side hug. It was like a father and son Elvis reunion. Dad still had to put the wig on but they both had the white jumpsuit, fake gold chains and glasses on.

"I can't look away," I whimpered at them and Dad frowned at me.

"I can't believe we have the exact same costume," Robbo laughed and I glanced at my mother who must have been thinking the same thing as she openly stared at them, looking concerned.

"Where is your dignity?" Kathy asked, not directing it particularly to either of them.

"Aww come on, now. Elvis is the king of rock," Dad laughed. "People come from all over just to watch me resurrect the king for a night."

"I know, you're famous in the town I'm from for the being the guy that should never dress up as Elvis ever again. And yet, every year..." She trailed off, looking both the men up and down.

"Like clockwork, right?" Dad grinned, proud of his reputation in surrounding areas.

"It is an honour and a privilege to walk in the shoes of someone as prestigious and dignified as The King," Robbo glared at Kathy, making her laugh.