Can't Help Stupid

Chapter Four
-Can't Help Stupid-

I had forgotten how nice it was to walk around with someone else's hand in mine. Jake and I had done the public hand holding thing briefly, but it had kind of died off as the public outing's got less and less. Even if it was just a charade for Taylor's grades benefit, I liked his hand. He had a really nice holding hand. We were walking towards Marks class, just about there when a girl came out of literally nowhere and latched onto Taylors other arm.

"Hey Tay-tay," she cooed and reaching up to kiss him on the cheek, leaving an obvious print of her lips on his cheek in gloss. She was brunette, pretty cute and dressed not like a downright prostitute, but kind of nice. Taylor apparently had half decent taste in girls. He was probably sober when he picked this one up.

"Charlotte, hey," Taylor grinned.

"You promised to take me out again," she pouted and ran her finger down his pec.

"Yeah, been busy," He murmured vaguely. "Hey, meet my girlfriend," He gestured to me and Charlottes face completely dropped.

"You have a girlfriend?" she asked, looking me over. I gave her a small smile and half a wave.

"Yeah, Lucy this Charlotte," He glanced at me.

"When did you two start dating?" She asked. I could see she was trying to be nice, but was kind of pissed.

"About thr-"

"Two months," I cut Taylor off, with a glare. No matter how rhetorical this relationship was, I was not cheating on Trent with Taylor.

"Oh," She glanced between Taylor and I, uneasily. "But last week, we..." She trailed off; looking like her brain had exploded and nothing was left for her to compute the situation.

"Yeah, isn't he just a charmer?" I asked, smiling sweetly at her. She gave me an empty smile and quickly excused herself from the situation. "We really should come up with a back story," I suggested as we continued on our way to class.

"Why? That went well, I thought," Taylor looked at me, confused.

"Yeah it did, but it shouldn't have. It should have been a cat fight to finish all catfights," I laughed. "I shouldn't just smile sweetly at all the girls you've boned that haven't gotten the memo that we're in a fake relationship as of today and backdated it two months."

"Okay, well," Taylor frowned at the ground for a second. "I'll go get the paddling pool full of mud and you get your bikini and we'll just drag it around behind us until we come across another hook up." He looked at me for confirmation of the idea and I just raised my eye brows at him.

"You're an idiot," I gave him a dry look.

"What?" He demanded, "Isn't that what you just basically said we need to happen, when the golden girls of my golden past turn up?" He asked.

"You're dreaming," I assured him. "No, the next girl that turns up that is part of your chosen masses when I'm around, you're going to get all uncomfortable. You'll call her a friend and let her know I'm your girlfriend as quickly as possible. She shouldn't even be able to get a word in before you tell her," I rolled my eyes. "Don't you know how to cheat on anyone?" I demanded and he shrugged, looking lost.

"Sorry, it's just that I haven't been unfaithful before," He apologised, quietly.

"It's alright," I sighed, patting the back of his hand that was still in mine. "We'll figure this out."

"So how is everyone's projects going?" Mark asked the class as we all settled into class.

"I cannot wait to get back into clothes that cost more than five dollars," Christiana groaned. "Look at my hands; I had to use nail polish that was on special... at the supermarket." She was literally almost crying as she concentrated on her hands. She still looked fine. Maybe not so polished as she usually was, but if she wasn't moaning about how cheap she thought she was, you'd guess she'd maybe just not slept well last night, rather than bought her outfit at the local thrift shop.