Shot For Shot

Chapter Twelve
-Shot For Shot-

Taylor wouldn't talk to me. It was my fault that every time we passed someone on campus that was friends with Kathy on Facebook, they would sing a Taylor Swift song to him. I still thought this whole situation was extremely amusing.

"C'mon, how much crap did you and Jake give me about naming my imaginary boy parts Pepito?" I grinned at him and he continued to glare at me.

"That was different. No one was laughing at me," He muttered and I laughed again.

"So, people can laugh at me, but not you?" I asked and he nodded stiffly. "Douche bag."

"You're the douche bag," He snapped at me as we entered the room of our class.

"Whatever, you're the one dating a douche bag then and it takes one to know one," I childishly bit back at him. He poked his tongue out at me as we took our seats. We sat silently in our seats waiting for class to start. I could see Taylor out of the corner of my eye staring stonily to the front of the room. "It was cute," I leaned over and whispered to him.

"I'll kill you, Walters," He snapped, without looking at me.

"For what it's worth, I love that song," I continued, trying to keep the grin off my face.

"Shut up," He growled, I waited a moment before continuing.

"T-Swift would be proud of your tribute to her," I assured him and he finally turned his cold stare on me.

"We're done," He told me in a serious and grave voice.

"That's okay," I smiled sweetly at him. "Got my eyes on this other dude and already got my A in Mark's class. Have fun failing."

"What other dude?" He demanded immediately.

"Oh, you wouldn't know him," I replied, vaguely.

"What about me?" He asked, looking genuinely offended.

"You're..." I let my eyes trail up and down Taylor. "...Okay," I finished and he pinned me with his stare.

"I'm more than okay," He growled at me and I shrugged.

"I guess..." I trailed off and his mouth set into a hard, determined line.

"You will want me," He assured me and I couldn't hold back a smile.

"Okay Taylor," I agreed, while rolling my eyes.

"I will make you want me," He promised and he only became more serious when I snorted at him in amusement.

"Okie dokie, T-Swizzle." He chewed the inside of his cheek as he looked away from me silently fuming. I suspected his ego about being attractive was larger than his ego about being embarrassed and I had been right. This kid was so easy to play. I watched in amusement as he concentrated so hard I could pretty much see the wheels turning in his head as he hatched a plan. He was going to spend the rest of the day pestering me, but I'd probably get to make out with him again, which was secretly okay with me and he wasn't pouting about being busted singing anymore.

We finished up our class and had an hour to waste so Taylor had dragged me to the basketball courts. We pretty much had the court to ourselves as the usual suspects were in their own classes.

"This is the game," Taylor announced. "Shot for shot. I make a shot; you have to make the same one. You make it and you get to choose where the next one is taken from."

"Fair enough," I agreed. Taylor was good, but I wasn't that bad. Should be an easy way to waste the time until my next class.

"Miss the shot and I get to choose what happens next," He stated nonchalantly and I immediately froze up.