Sugar Plum

Enjoy!

Xoxo JL

-----------------------------------------

Chapter Fifty-Six

-Sugar Plum-

As Taylor got into the car, he took a deep breath and gave me a side eye.

"So, the horse didn't impress you?" He asked and I laughed.

"Taylor," I rolled my eyes. "It was impressive that you didn't get bucked off and break your neck. It impressed me, but it was dangerous and completely unnecessary."

"This is because you're a hillbilly isn't it?" He asked and I glared at him.

"Better than being a germ phobic metrosexual," I bit back at him.

"Oh, I do love it when you talk nasty to me," Taylor purred at me and I rolled my eyes again.

"Where are we going?" I asked, impatiently.

"Well," Taylor huffed. "I was going to take you to a nice restaurant, maybe a night time stroll, finished with hot sweaty sex in the back my car, but apparently you don't dig the metropolis way of life."

"Oh yes, that all sounds so appealing. I'm guessing the night time stroll is next to an algae filled toxic bath of factory chemicals with the occasional three eyed fish popping up to say hello with its last breath," I drawled. "And then turning belly up as we continue on."

"The three eyed fish don't actually speak," Taylor rolled his eyes condescendingly. "They mostly just gargle, because they're suffocating in all the chemicals. God, you bumpkins are so backwards. Did you even graduate primary school?"

"Yes, my bathtub gin was top of the class," I replied, dryly. "They'd never seen such alcohol purity from a twelve year old."

"Well, that is an impressive life skill if I ever did see one," Taylor laughed. "We're not going to a restaurant, you're lucky I have a plan B."

He drove... and drove... and drove... and thirty minutes later, we weren't in the city anymore and headed somewhere I was assuming to be dark and dangerous.

"You're going to murder me, aren't you?" I asked, eyeing him off. "Be warned, I know how to make a mean homemade pepper spray. Us country folk are resourceful."

"You won't need it where we go, cupcake," He whispered, not moving his eyes from the road in front of us.

"Creep," I muttered and he laughed.

"You are so sweet tonight, no wonder I want to take you out somewhere remote and secluded," He grinned.

"You started it," I bit at him, childishly.

"Any other girl on campus would have wet panties the moment they saw me on that bloody horse, trust me to pick the one girl that is jaded and bitter about it all."

"Knowledgeable and well-informed about what a horse is capable of doing to an idiot that can't handle the animal," I corrected him and he rolled his eyes.

"Well, if you don't like what I have planned for you," He glanced over at me. "Well, no one will ever hear you complain about it anyway," He winked at me and I glared at him.

"If you murder me, I swear to God," I warned him.

"You're very well about to meet the big man upstairs, dumpling. I'd be careful what you say to Him."

"How much longer?" I asked, impatiently.

"So quick to meet your demise, little girl," He purred at me.